Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you'll do as an Options Trader at Akuna:
We are seeking experienced Options Traders to join our dynamic team at Akuna Capital. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with a desire to make an immediate impact at a growing firm. Akuna gives all new Traders the opportunity to learn from the most successful members of our trading team and apply their previously gained knowledge and experience quickly.
As an experienced Trader at Akuna, you will leverage your previous market making experience with our proprietary technology to quickly add value to our growing market making business.
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 2+ years of market making experience (responsibility for PnL and risk)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science or a related/equivalent field
- Strong math aptitude, numerical and quantitative analysis skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter ready to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Passionate about problem-solving and finding creative solutions in an ever changing market
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently while fostering external professional relationships