Genies is Gen Z’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools that allow users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods provider with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Our avatar marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking to hire an experienced and highly technical LeadPipeline Engineer, Unity with an interest in highly configurable digital avatars and intuitive content tools to inspire user creativity. In this role will apply your knowledge of real time graphics in Unity to the next generation of virtual self expression and economies of digital assets. Genies mission is to empower consumers to create and own their own avatar ecosystems, and we believe that avatars and immersive environments are the future of consumer social experiences. This vision will allow consumers to express their inner selves authentically and connect with like minded individuals. This is a rare opportunity to be on the ground level of a scaling $1B venture that is breaking new ground as we explore the decentralized metaverse.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead the development of our 3D and 2D content pipelines and be responsible for the engineering progress and deliverables.
- Write scalable, high-quality and available CI/CD pipelines for bundling and delivering our content
- Write efficient, high-quality, scalable, testable code within the timelines you help estimate
- Research, prototype, and productionize solutions to our most challenging technical problems
- Architect clean, extensible software components and systems with open standards and portability
- Collaborate actively with engineering team, as well as design, art, and business teams
- Help recruitment and mentor junior engineers
- Integrate backend services and APIs
What You Should Have:
- At least 7 years of working professionally as a Unity Engineer
- Extensive game engine experience
- Proven experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Github actions, CircleCI, etc…)
- Experience with AWS (S3, EBS, EC2, etc…)
- Experience with different source control systems (PlasticSCM, Perforce, Github, etc…)
- Experience working on asset management and pipelines for big projects
- Strong leadership and communication skills and experience leading a development team
- Experience with avatar-based interactive media, realtime 3D content, and web3
- Proficiency with Unity packages, systems and workflows (Addressables, URP, threads, etc.)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns, testing frameworks
- Experience with optimization, CPU, GPU, and asset profiling
- Experience with deploying and testing on mobile platforms
- Experience optimizing 2D and 3D assets for less performant hardware (Mobile, AR/VR etc.)
- Experience with content from 3D pipelines and DCC tools such as Maya or Blender is a plus
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $200,000.00 to $230,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.