CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada
, and launched CoinFlip Ventures
, a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for booking the monthly cryptocurrency related journal entries, preparing roll forwards for the various wallets/exchanges, working to develop controls and process improvements, and assisting in researching and resolving complex accounting issues as they arise.
- Maintains the general ledger, reviews financial statements, researches accounts, and analyzes financial records
- Develops spreadsheet reports, verifies information, prepares journal entries, and reconciles accounts and balance sheets
- Prepares financial statements and reports, and assists with monthly closing processes
- Contributes to the development, review, and implementation of the operating budget and performance projections
- May conduct financial audits
- Analyzes current accounting policies and procedures, and recommends changes for improvement
- Responds to information requests, researches and interprets data, and answers accounting and financial questions
- Meets processing and reporting deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or related field
- At least one year of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software (NetSuite preferred)
Nice to Have:
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.