Aurora builds an Ethereum-compatible network with increased scaling and lower transaction costs.
Aurora Labs has created the Aurora Ecosystem which mainly consists of two components: Rainbow Bridge and Aurora Engine. Rainbow Bridge is a fully trustless and decentralized bridge that interconnects Ethereum and NEAR ecosystems. Aurora Engine is an EVM built on the NEAR Protocol, delivering a turn-key solution for developers to operate their apps on an Ethereum-compatible, high-throughput, scalable and future-safe platform, with low transaction costs for their users.
If you are eager to dive into the competing cross-chain ecosystem and would like to work in an energetic environment, surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers, we would be happy to see you in Aurora Labs!
We at Aurora Labs are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Legal team. This is a full-time position that can be done remotely anywhere in the world.
- Execute extreme ownership;
- Strive for excellence;
- Embrace authenticity;
- Promote merit;
- Get shit done.
About the Position
- Assist the company with regulatory analyses under the Securities Act of 1933;
- Assist the company by providing comprehensive legal advice with respect to new and emerging blockchain related regulations that are enacted on the US market;
- Analysis from a US law perspective of licensing and compliance requirements for the company’s products;
- Advice regarding compliance with KYC/AML obligations and government sanctions;
- Assist the company on successfully participating and entering on the US market, including by preparing any documents such as: guidelines, disclaimers, third party communications, etc.;
- Assess legal risks from a US law perspective in order to develop business-oriented solutions providing concise and commercially focused legal advice;
- Educate and advise the company with respect to legal and risk management issues.
- US qualified lawyer with 5+ years of relevant legal experience (preferably practicing at a fintech startup, digital assets or blockchain technology, crypto, or at a leading law firm, familiar with the Securities Act of 1933);
- Experienced in and passionate about blockchain, different consensus algorithms, decentralized governance, DeFi, app development, and Web3 technologies;
- Experience working at multi-jurisdictional business cross-functionally with a fully distributed team;
- Excellent organization, execution and project management skills;
- English language native or fluent.
Join our dedicated team of blockchain industry professionals.
Please apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!