Launched in 2019, Binance.US is the fastest growing and most integrated digital asset marketplace in the United States, powered by matching engine and wallet technologies license from the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange - Binance. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to financial markets by creating products that leverage crypto to unlock the power of everything. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all—empowering the future of finance. Binance.US is operated by BAM Trading Services.
- Design, Build and Implement a robust and effective BSA/AML Program
- Design, Build and Ensure that the regulatory compliance functions are developed, enhanced and reviewed to stay abreast of changes in laws, regulations and the regulatory environment
- Maintain current knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Maintain current knowledge of industry best practices, technology and solutions to maintain the effectiveness of the BSA/AML Program
- Design, Build and execute the BSA/AML Risk Assessment process
- Design, Build and maintain the Customer Risk Rating Methodology
- Manage the review and response to subpoenas, court orders, law enforcement requests including the determination if AML investigations should be initiated
- Provide the BSA training requirements and scheduling to the Training Director - provide oversight on the execution of the training program
- Serve as the primary liaison with the regulatory bodies and audit on BSA/AML exams and audits
- Serve as the subject matter expert on BSA/AML matters to the business units
- Manage the secondary review function of the various types of BSA/AML processes
- Participate actively in various committees including development of said committees i.e. Enterprise Risk Management, Information Technology Risk Management and chairing of the BSA-AML Committee
- Provide oversight on the SAR process
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of 10 years in a senior role within the BSA and the banking industry; CAMS certification strongly preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a BSA Officer with management/governance experience of a compliance team (inclusive of Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions and KYC programs)
- Strong exam management skills, including ability to communicate effectively and timely with regulatory examiners and auditors
- Ability to interpret and disseminate the impact and requirement of new laws and regulations
- Focus, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and a focus on high quality standards of performance
- Proficiency in BSA interdiction software desired
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with complex concepts and work with minimal assistance
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible while responding to deadlines on assignments and workflow fluctuations
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high-volume environment
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Good understanding of banking or financial business operations and systems
The starting base pay for this role is between $220,000 and $270,000 USD for all U.S. remote locations. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skillsets, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give Americans access to a broad array of digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Binance.US complies with Federal Transparency in Coverage regulations by providing this link to machine readable files related to the health plans offered to our employees. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data including negotiated service rates, and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers.