Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while also providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we’re able to live fulfilling lives outside of our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
The IT Helpdesk Specialist role will be the backbone of our IT support team. This role is critical in providing fast and reliable support to our employees globally. They will also be responsible for working closely with our external IT support team to define work, drive responsiveness and help to manage the relationship.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide operational and technical support to users via Slack, Ticket systems, using remote assistance tools, or should the need arise, by attendance to users at their place of work.
- Resolve incidents and problems associated with end user computer equipment, software application, and provide break/fix support, advice, and assistance to users.
- Maintain PCs (MacOS, Windows 10, and Windows 11), peripherals, and assist in installing, integrating and configuring new computer systems and hardware for users.
- Coordinate efforts with third-party service and maintenance providers as necessary to keep company equipment and software in good working order, following the authorized warranty and repair authorization process.
- Perform proactive and reactive troubleshooting to effectively identify potential incidents or problems and attempt to eliminate them before they occur.
- Assist with access to WAN, LAN, print, and network services, remote access, and access to application, infrastructure, and SaaS applications.
- Perform all tasks associated with desktop/laptop and SaaS to service-level agreement.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Provide notice to all affected users of any installation, upgrade, patch or modification to any Agency software which would impact the user or otherwise be visible to the user.
- Monitor recommended and required corrections to software from third-party vendors. Install third party-supplied corrections and patches to all approved software as necessary.
- Distribute and install software, and upgrades as required. For new third-party software, or new versions of existing deployed software, package and install software, and install upgrades.
- Maintain a library of documentation that provides the knowledge base for the IT operations team.
- Assist in planning, supervising, and following up on strategic IT projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 2 or 4 year degree in Computer Science/IT/MIS or equivalent technical education, or 2- 4 years of experience in technical field.
- Must possess good fundamental understanding of all facets of computers, including Windows 10, Windows 11, MacOS.
- Demonstrated technical support skills and Internet proficiency.
- Knowledge of IAM, Ticketing, SaaS, Google Workspace, networking concepts.
- Solid debugging skills and demonstrated ability to analyze user problems and perform initial diagnosis.
- Demonstrated ability to document behavior, resolution, and workarounds.
- Knowledge of VPN and WAN for troubleshooting.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work with technical staff and management with various levels of technical skills and backgrounds
- Self-motivated, with strong ability to work both independently and with teams and managers as appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated focus on customer service excellence.