Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned
global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
As Matter Labs’ Principal Technical Sourcer you will play a pivotal role in building our sourcing strategy from the ground up. We are looking for a Principal Technical Sourcer that can act as a strategic partner to the executive team and recruiting leadership.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.e. job duties):
- Architect a sourcing strategy for the most essential technical positions at Matter Labs
- Conduct research to thoroughly understand target markets and companies
- Work closely with the executive team and Head of Recruiting to establish sourcing metrics and effective messaging
- Implement a data driven approach to every search by leveraging internal knowledge of markets, targeted github repositories and investor networks
- A/B test messaging with our desired pool of candidates in close collaboration with the respective executives you’re partnering with
What We’re Looking For:
- Superb qualitative research skills, including the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and quickly learn new industries
- 8+ years of experience in technical recruiting ideally having conducted some amount of full-cycle recruiting
- Experience working with executives at top tier technology companies
- In-depth understanding of recruiting elite technical talent in competitive markets
- Self-starter who can be trusted to work autonomously and is motivated to align the best caliber candidates with the right role
- Expert level knowledge of Gem.com, Lever and other ancillary recruiting softwares
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.