The Web3 Foundation nurtures and stewards technologies and applications for the decentralized web. We collaborate with cutting-edge developer teams, researchers and community leaders to strengthen and extend the uses of decentralized technologies; building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets, commerce, and more.
Our core project at the moment is Polkadot, a protocol designed to connect blockchains and allow them to interoperate, share security and more. In addition, we are supporting the development of a number of technologies that form the Web 3.0 tech stack - such as decentralized messaging, distributed storage and secret management.
About the Role & Technical Education:
Core to fulfilling our mission is to make the Web3 technology stack accessible to developers and to make it easy for projects and individuals with great ideas to build. Even the best protocols only become useful once developers know them and can build on them. As a Technical Educator, you will bridge the gap between research/implementation and those who want to build the future of the decentralized web.
We are a lean team with a flat organisation. You will be working closely together with team members in Zug and in remote locations, as well as with diverse service suppliers. We are open to fully remote or relocation to Zug, Switzerland.
- Help to maintain and contribute to the Polkadot Wiki
- Write sample applications to show developers how Polkadot operates and how its functionality can be used
- Present information to the community through webinars, video demonstrations, walk-throughs and other media channels
- Interact with developers and users of the chain to understand their needs, and develop articles, tutorials, and code in response
- Perform blockchain data analysis and scripting as needed
- Create documentation such as blog posts and tutorials to teach developers how to build on the Web3 stack
- Curate educational material created by the community and ensure its accessibility
- Partner with the Support team to answer technical questions from developers, users and other team members working with Polkadot and related technologies
- Investigate and identify new technologies and capabilities that will enhance the Web3 tech stack
- Solid Programming skills (in any language)
- Technical writing skills (tutorials, articles and code examples)
- Knowledge and understanding of blockchain technologies and applications
- Ability to document and comment code
- Quickly able to learn and teach new technologies and frameworks
- Passionate about working within the web3.0 movement / decentralized technology space and open source, privacy-minded communities
- Native level written and spoken English, fluency in Spanish or additional languages is a plus
- DevOps experience
- Experience writing dapps, smart contracts, or other blockchain-related code, especially in Solidity or ink!
- Experience in the Polkadot or Kusama ecosystems
- Previous teaching experience eg. teaching a class, workshop or online education through blog/videos.
- Company retreats at unique locations around europe
- Opportunity to be part of an interdisciplinary team working on cutting edge technologies
- Ample room for tech creativity, innovation and own ideas
For more information about us, visit us on: