Celestia is the first modular blockchain network. By decoupling consensus from execution, Celestia enables anyone to easily deploy their own blockchain, without the overhead of bootstrapping a new consensus network. Blockchains on Celestia are free from constraints, making them scalable, sovereign, and secure.
About the Team
The Celestia team is remote first and highly distributed, with english as our primary language for communication. We are looking for self-starters that are excited about working in a fast paced startup environment. We do not require employees to live in specific timezones, but much of the team lives and works in the European and US timezones. As such, employees are expected to be available as needed for team and company events that are scheduled. Generally these are scheduled between 12pm-5pm UTC.
Celestia Labs is seeking a remote full-time software engineer with Go experience to help build the Celestia core protocol.
- Flexible and remote work environment
- Employment benefits and 4 weeks annual vacation
- A share of the initial token supply, in addition to a salary
- Work at the forefront of blockchain scaling alongside an exceptional team of engineers
- Contribute readable, well-tested, and well-documented code to the core Celestia protocol
- Participate in technical discussions on issues and code reviews on pull requests
- Be a part of the feedback loop between technical specification and implementation
Who You Are
- You are an experienced blockchain engineer with 4+ years of experience in Go, Rust, C++, or other systems languages
- Experience with building maintainable and well documented codebases
- Experience with open source software development tools like Github
Nice to Haves
- Solid understanding of Tendermint or other consensus engines
- Experience with libp2p, IPFS
- Experience implementing Cosmos-SDK modules and applications
While experience in the blockchain space is preferred – having general excitement about web3 and modular blockchain technology is a must!