About the team:
Luno’s Customer Success team is on the mission to ensure that we continue to be the most welcoming and trusted place on the planet to safely buy, sell, store, and use crypto. With the help of leading technology, our experienced multi-disciplined team ensures we carefully design a customer support experience that guides and delights our customers.
The role in a nutshell:
We're looking for a Head of Customer Success to help us build a high performing customer success team as we embark on making the Luno brand synonymous with the best customer experience in the finance industry!
This role reports to Tony Sneedon, VP Operations.
Your mission will be:
- To set direction and strategy for our growing, global operations.
- Lead and grow the team of driven and high performing individuals.
- Make a lasting impact on millions of our customers
- Drive, define and implement our innovation strategy towards a world class, intuitive help centre and drive machine learning and AI capabilities within our customer success platform.
- Work closely with our senior leadership team, taking responsibility for the overall customer success strategy as we continue to make a lasting impact on 11+ million of our customers.
- Run a tight, lean, efficient operation, measuring and reporting on everything and be extremely data driven. You excel at using metrics with an aim to direct the continuous development and monitoring of customer success capabilities.
- Constantly re-define project priorities to innovate and invent new value-add services layered on top of our existing offering.
- Delivering a product roadmap that should not only consider customer success operations, but rather the support product as a whole.
- Ensure proactive integration of Customer Success into the rest of the business, helping facilitate product changes based on what our customers’ feedback.
- Effectively collaborate with the Operations, Product, and Technology teams to enhance our solutions within a customer-focused world.
- Attract high potential individual contributors into the team and support their personal development to encourage a high performing, customer centric culture, focused on continual improvement through the use of technology.
In your first six months, you will:
- Focus on understanding our customers, the environment we operate in and our current processes.
- Analyse any gaps and further understand possible improvements in our support to customers.
- Refine the strategy for Support at Luno. This should include a clear vision for our Help Centre, Contextual Help, Omni Channel Support as well as operational effectiveness.
- Define key output metrics for support as well as the input metrics that drive them.
- Work with cross functional teams at Luno, all focused on a common mission to provide an amazing customer experience.
- Illustrate the first “wins” relating to the strategy you have identified and its impact on the key metrics.
The ideal Lunaut for this role, will have:
- Proven experience working in a fast-moving and ever-evolving environment with a track record of leading circa 250+ customer success teams.
- Ideally 7+ years experience, in a senior people leadership role managing operational teams.
- Ability to lead change by setting direction with an employee-centric vision.
- Being passionate about leading people and supporting each member of the team to achieve their full potential.
- Proven track record of managing growing teams, finding the right balance between performance, wellbeing, and development.
- Ability to deal with a lot of complexity, across many countries and cultures, within cross-functional teams, covering: automation, compliance, multiple projects and developing a customer success team serving a new industry.
- Be a critical and analytical thinker with a strong focus on operational excellence and quality management using data and metrics, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Have strong project & product management experience, exposure to working with agile methodologies would be an advantage.
- Bachelor's Degree (highly preferred)
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 11 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strongAnti Money Laundering measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.