Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Bitpanda Pro is our sophisticated retail and institutional offering for trading and custody of cryptocurrencies, which includes our exchange and prime brokerage services.
At Pro, we work in a changing environment that requires us to pivot with both the business and market to ensure our platform and products are fully supported to make us a leader in our field. Together we are building something exciting, with our drive to become the no 1 professional exchange in Europe.
As a Python Engineer, you will actively participate in the planning, implementation, and maintenance of blockchain technology and applications within the Bitpanda Pro Ecosystem.
What you'll do
- Develop clean and robust software logic in the field of blockchain technology.
- Build out RestFull API’s and business logic.
- Build out cryptocurrency wallet management platform.
- Identify and resolve security-related issues through constant evaluation of possible cryptocurrency-related issues.
- Research digital assets and evaluate integration into the Bitpanda Pro Ecosystem.
Who are you
- 5+ years professional experience working with Python building robust and logical APIs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and knowledge of data structures.
- Experience working with blockchain technologies.
- Experience with relational databases Postgres, MySQL, Cloud environment (AWS, Azure).
- Experience working with Fireblocks, Copper or other 3rd party blockchain providers and hugely beneficial: Experience working with secure enclaves (intel sgx).
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.