Abacus Works is looking for a Business Development Manager to work on Hyperlane, an interoperability protocol.
The Hyperlane protocol provides an on-chain API for smart contract developers to send information securely from one chain to another. With Hyperlane, developers can connect their applications across a growing set of blockchains, abstracting away the complexity of interoperability to offer their users a seamless and unified experience between blockchains
In this role you will
- Be a material part of the developer acquisition pipeline. Meaning you will regularly be:
- Speaking with current and prospective developers on Hyperlane whether they are a smart contract environment (L1, rollup, appchain, etc.) or an app
- Working to increase Hyperlane's exposure within the industry and the target audience
- Attending hackathons and industry events
- Evangelizing the Hyperlane platform
- Contributing to developer acquisition strategy
For this role you have or are
- A crypto native
- 1+ years of experience working with developer platforms
- 2+ years of experience working with Ethereum or similar smart contract platforms
- A strong network of decision makers within crypto projects, including smart contract environments like Layer 1 blockchains, roll-ups, and appchains, as well as applications.
- Bonus: A strong network of decision makers in non crypto-native, but crypto-forward companies like Meta, Shopify, Stripe, etc.
- Ability to operate independently under uncertainty
- Ability to identify, pursue, and close unique opportunities for Hyperlane activity
- Intensity, drive, and motivation to perform at a world class level
- Strong sense of initiative and ownership
Annual Salary Range: $100-250k