At Hiro, we’re making it easier for developers to build the next generation of smart contracts and decentralized apps. We build developer tools for Stacks, an open-source network which makes Bitcoin programmable. With Hiro, developers can test and deploy smart contracts, spin up nodes and other server-side resources for scaling, and get access to monitoring and analytics. Our solutions provide developers with the convenience and reliability they need to be successful.
Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and others.
About the Opportunity
Hiro is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a remote-first engineering team. This will be a critical role for the organization as we work to scale our Hiro Developer Platform. In this role, you will work closely with our product and engineering leadership to empower our engineers to deliver against our product goals. You’ll drive day-to-day execution across your teams, navigate cross team dependencies, ensure goals are achieved, and remove roadblocks. In partnership with our talent team, you’ll also be responsible for hiring and scaling your team to ensure you have the resources needed to deliver.
What you’ll do
- Take over responsibility for the day-day execution of your engineering team
- Mentor and work with your teams to identify opportunities for growth and professional development
- Partner with product managers and internal stakeholders to lay out the technical strategy for delivering on key components of the Hiro Platform
- Take an active role in hiring and building your engineering team
- Work with the leadership team to improve processes and contribute to org-wide initiatives
- Embody Hiro’s values and build a healthy, engaged culture within the team
- Ensure timely execution of your teams projects with an eye for quality, velocity, and communication w/ stakeholders
- Be an evangelist for Hiro, helping establish awareness for the Hiro Platform and build our employment brand
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience managing fully-remote teams in any of the following product areas - APIs, Developer Tools, SaaS Platforms
- Demonstrated ability to manage execution on complex projects: planning and estimation; navigating complex dependencies; de-risking unknown unknowns; managing expectations.
- Ability to interview, hire, mentor and coach outstanding talent. Ideally, experience hiring and onboarding candidates remotely.
- Experience driving teams compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
- Skilled at managing up and across, working with product & technical leads, interacting with senior leadership.
- Prior programming experience building in JS, TS, Node, Rust or similar languages and frameworks
- First hand experience building or leading multi-layer architecture platforms that are scalable and performant
- We'd also like to see experience with blockchain or smart contract development
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
What we’ll offer
- Competitive Salary w/ a range of $175,000-$235,000
- Company equity and Stacks (STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Stacks network
- Quarterly Bitcoin Bonus
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.