Full remote possible I Full time
You want to be a major contributor of an ambitious project's design and architecture? You're not afraid to try new things and push boundaries? You take great delight in taking on challenges? You're seeking for a thrilling and blooming tech-first business and a caring and collaborating environment? Read on!
We are developing a next-generation ecosystem of interoperable blockchains based on zero-knowledge proofs that provides tamper resistance and data privacy.
Purpose of the job
We are looking for a talented, forward-thinking and ambitious cryptographer to help us research and develop cutting-edge cryptosystems to implement on the Topos platform.
You should guide and provide direction and advice to junior members of the team.
Your passion and expertise in cryptography will be used daily as you interact with software engineers and mathematicians, driving changes and building the Topos network.
What you'll be doing
- Be part in cutting-edge research in cryptography and blockchain technology.
- Develop new protocols while studying and learning from existing ones. For instance, our cross-chain protocol heavily relies on cutting-edge zero-knowledge proofs research.
- Work with the development team on implementing the research into our codebase.
- Set up or manage research collaborations or contractors.
- Research in collaboration with external teams, possibly leading to partnerships.
In a nutshell, half of us are academics in mathematics and cryptography, and the other half software engineers. We are dispatched all over the world, with our first office in Tokyo and our brand new HQ located in Boston, MA, United States. The team is coming from many places such as CERN, École Normale Supérieure, Telecom Paris, UCL, Ubisoft and InfoSec. We strive for a transparent and thoughtful collaboration between autonomous, efficient and caring people.
What we need to see
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or Mathematics with an emphasis on developing and implementing cryptographic protocols.
- Experience contributing to research communities, including publishing papers.
- Excellent written, communication and collaboration skills.
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- One or more publications on cryptography in a peer-reviewed conference/journal on subjects which includes, but not limited to, elliptic curve cryptography, and zero-knowledge proofs.
- You’ve implemented new cryptosystems and would feel comfortable overseeing others doing the same.
- Experience with application of privacy-preserving cryptographic techniques to applications domains.
- Knowledge with post-quantum cryptography e.g. hash-based signatures, code-based, isogeny or multivariate polynomials.
- You have programming experience and proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Rust, C, C++, Haskell, OCaml.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to design and execute on research agenda.
- Blockchain enthusiasm and familiarity with use cases and applications based on it.
What we offer
- You make your own schedule, as long as your communication buffer allows bounded asynchrony.
- You work from wherever you want, as long as your working space remains suitable for focus (we don't recommend the hammock).
- A compensation that reaches the heights of your profile.
- A chance to be part of an exciting journey into an incredibly effervescent field.
- Unlimited PTO
- Company paid Benefits (employee only)
If you've read this far and you think you fit the profile, just apply.
The way we operate
If you seek for a better insight into how we work, let us list our five fundamental principles:
Knowledge - Contribute to and share knowledge
Collaboration - Unite together to transcend ideas
Efficiency - Thrive for achievements
Care - Be conscientious about your work and the people around
Transparency - Say what you think and think what you say
Toposware is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.