Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Senior Software Engineer, web, you will mainly develop features and contribute to our web frontend applications. You will ensure the timely and efficient delivery of high-quality code, enhance performance and be responsible for maintaining an appealing and functioning web application.
You will be working for the Portfolio team, which is crucial to the running of our application. The most common reason for our existing traders to open our app is to check their portfolio. The portfolio team owns this experience and everything that entails; - storing, displaying and facilitating investment data for our users, in order for them to be able to make informed decisions and evaluate their performance to make further trading decisions.
In this team at Bitpanda you will work on our Angular Web application and enable our customers to track their investments as easily as checking the weather.
What you’ll do
- Technically design, build and maintain advanced applications & features for the web frontend platform
- Responsible for generating maintainable and scalable code for robustness and reliability
- Play an active part in the development process, giving input and suggesting changes
- Regularly update the status of tasks and communicating
Who you are
- Experience with general OOP paradigms like genericity and interfaces
- Proficient knowledge of Typescript (RXJS and Angular 8 and above), Java, C++, C# or any similar OOP language
- Proficient knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5
- Experience using RESTful services
- Strong understanding of OOP in general: polymorphisms like inheritance, genericity and type parameters, lifecycles, design patterns
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.