Join our small, fiery team on our mission to usher in the Bitcoin golden age.
Shakepay is one of the fastest growing startups in Canada. We've grown 10x in the last year. 2% of Canadians use Shakepay. We're building something really special. We need true believers to join our team. We're looking for ambitious professionals with a thirst for knowledge that are interested in working with the most exciting financial innovation ever created: Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is important because it enables wealth to be stored with a person without need for a third party. Its fundamental use-case as a store of value with a predictable monetary policy is having profound implications on freeing people into financial sovereignty.
Securities Compliance Analyst
Cue the music! Comply with me, comply, comply away. If you can use some crypto rules, there’s lots right here at Shakepay. Apply, apply, it’s fun to work here they say, apply, let’s comply awayyy, yeah! — Who says compliance can’t be fun? With abbreviations like FINTRAC (more like FUNtrac), NRD (Nerrrd!), and IIROC (yeah you do!) It’s a wonder why kids would ever dream of being anything but a Securities Compliance Analyst (SCA). As our new SCA, you’ll help Shakepay meet its regulatory requirements with an eye on securities laws, rules, regs (what we called regulations sometimes because we’re hip), provincial securities regulators, and associated guidance.
Shakepay has over 1,000,000 shakers (aka, “customers”) who love Shakepay almost as much as they love bitcoin. We see keeping ourselves protected as keeping them protected. Thoroughness, accuracy, and speed are all critical in the Crypto-Asset space to ensure we’re doing more than what is necessary out of respect for the trust those shakers put in us. And we’re so serious about that part we won’t even try to make it a song. Ok, maybe “Comply Me to the Moon.”
- Coordinate with stakeholders to develop and implement compliance controls
- Assist with the ongoing monitoring and oversight of relevant obligations to ensure compliance with internal compliance standards
- Work with people who think those Sinatra song jokes are funny
- Assist the Securities Compliance Officer in the production, completeness and accuracy of all regulatory reporting, ensuring it follows internal guidelines
- Ensure that reporting follows internal guidelines, is in accordance with established timelines and proper process
- May assist in internal and external audits as assigned by the Securities Compliance Officer (e.g., providing audit teams the requested submitted reports, supporting documentation, etc.)
- Data to assist in integrating new products and develop new procedures to enhance workflow of the department
- Maintain an understanding of regulatory guidance, the accountabilities of regulatory reporting; and take on these areas as required
- Read words that start with “reg” a lot, as in -ulation, -ulatory, -istered, and -ards
- (that last one will probably only come in your email signoffs)
- 2+ years of experience in a compliance role preferably within the securities industry.
- Experience with regulatory reporting regimes and the filing process
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional areas
- Willingness to grow within your role and within the company
- Basic prior knowledge of and familiarity with Bitcoin and Crypto-Assets
Nice to have:
- Bilingual in English and French
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Partners, Directors and Senior Officers Course (PDO)
- A good crooning voice
You will get:
- Potentially life-changing stock options. We believe everyone at Shakepay should have the financial upside for building a generational company
- Remote-friendly work environment: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal, you can work from the office
- Generous vacation time: we think time off is essential, and highly encourage it
- Personal development: we're here to help you define and hit your personal career goals so that you can get where you want to be
- Continued learning: every Shaker gets a yearly budget to spend on learning
- Employer-covered group insurance: health, dental, paramedical, disability and travel coverage to ensure you're at your best
- Get paid in Bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known
- A collaborative and friendly team: we succeed together and we have fun doing it
- MacBook: company-issued laptop to make sure you're doing your best work
- Equipment stipend: every Shaker receives a stipend to use toward setting up their home office
Shakepay helps Canadians buy and sell bitcoin and pay their friends. We offer web and mobile apps that make it easy for Canadians to buy bitcoin in minutes with Interac e-Transfer. Shakepay is the fastest-growing bitcoin platform in Canada.
At Shakepay we're committed to promoting and celebrating diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. If you want to be a part of something momentous then we're excited to hear from you.
Please note that while all of our roles are remote, we are a Canadian company and will not be sponsoring visas for this position. You must be eligible to work in Canada to be selected.