TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit is seeking an Art Director to help drive the evolution and application of our new brand. You will lead design strategy and execution, helping to deliver an exceptional design that will fuel customer engagement and business growth. TaxBit is the standard for digital asset compliance and our brand needs to reflect that accessibility and aspirational quality. This role will report to the VP of Marketing and join an energetic group of marketers.
- Drive the evolution and application of TaxBit’s visual brand standards (digital, print, and in-person experiences) across all our marketing and sales channels to ensure a consistent experience.
- Partner with Product Design to imagine and build great customer experiences aligned with our brand standards and vision.
- Provide leadership and steward the brand design creative process from concept to completion.
- Review work, troubleshoot, and provide thoughtful feedback to the team applying the brand, yielding tweaks to ways of working and brand standards application support.
- Effectively communicate and lead creative strategies and design work with stakeholders across the organization.
- Contribute to strategic planning discussions with marketing, product, sales, and partner leadership.
- Identify creative team process improvements and be able to take the steps to initiate change.
- Support leadership in the nurturing, hiring, and training of creative staff.
- Manage and cultivate career development of our designers throughout TaxBit.
- Be a vocal and visible advocate for our creative and brand culture, able to advise teams across the company on the TaxBit brand.
- Mentor creative curious and designers, leading by example to help build a culture of creativity, curiosity, empathy, and humility.
- Onboard and manage our project partners and vendors.
- Communicate ongoing project updates with leadership.
- Stay on top of design trends and connect with the design community.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual arts, or visual communications.
- 1-3 years of experience as an Art Director and/or 5-7+ years of experience as a graphic designer.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task projects and deliverables
- Pixel perfect attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills and an ability to sell your work to stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to balance multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to thrive working in a dynamic, collaborative environment for an in-house design team while never sacrificing quality.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience managing and developing creative designers.
- Customer service-minded communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to perform duties with a high-level of enthusiasm, respect, and initiative.
- Displays a passion for what you do with a continuous drive to improve.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
The base salary range for this role is $136,000 - $179,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Investment in your physical and mental well-being with a robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited PTO - take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
TaxBit requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon TaxBit's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with TaxBit, as applicable.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.