IO Global, developer of the Cardano blockchain platform, is looking for a Scala developer to join its Sidechains team. You will be working with highly skilled people and be responsible for a recently started Cardano sidechain product for IOG. Our team is developing a Scala-based blockchain client for a Cardano sidechain that will enable Ethereum Virtual Machine execution in the Cardano ecosystem.
We are also digging deep into proof of stake (PoS) concepts by building a client inspired by OBFT, the Byzantine fault tolerant version of the Ouroboros consensus protocol developed for Cardano.Our code base is open source because IOG believes in transparency, security, and peer review. Some of our implementations are based on academic research, so if you are keen on implementing formal requirements, you will be able to participate in those.
We are looking for the best people to join us, work with us, and help us to change the world. If you are a problem-solver who is self-driven with a black belt in getting stuff done, we want to talk to you!
- Follow agile software development practices
- Work with teams across multiple time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Be proactive and require minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies previously agreed acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Cover your code with unit, property, and integration tests when applicable
- Review the pull requests of your teammates
- Fix bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Be available for emergency fixing of severity 1 issues on deployed products
- Integrate software components and third-party libraries
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software
- Write documentation for the code
- Write technical user manuals
- Be knowledgeable about distributed and concurrent computation
- Be knowledgeable about the basics of cryptography.
- A degree in Computer Science is desirable but not essential
- Scala experience (3+ years)
- Software development experience (6+ years)
- Blockchain experience is a plus but not critical
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Practical experience with Agile software development methods
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Plus domain knowledge on low-level network communications protocol
- Distributed systems.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in a European timezone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service