We are searching for an Economy Director to join our game development team in creating The Sandbox Play to Earn Metaverse.
In this role, you will be responsible for improving The Sandbox ecosystem economy to offer the most engaging and fulfilling economy and balancing to users.
To ensure success as an Economy Director, you should be proficient at data analysis and highly knowledgeable about game design and development ecosystems. A top-notch Economy Director will be able to manage a team of economy designers, as well as assist developers and designers in a wide range of activities that will enhance the overhaul balancing of The Sandbox economy and ecosystem.
Economy Director Responsibilities:
- Design a balanced and sustainable circular economy model that extends to the whole TSB ecosystem.
- Design Play to Earn economy and features.
- Working collaboratively with our LiveOps, Product, and Data Science teams, define our circular economy and drive change within our new feature pipeline.
- You have a passion for quantitative analysis and will have the ability to draw business insights that will add real value to The Sandbox metaverse.
- Able to create economies that drive increased revenue and offer the right mix of challenge and retention.
- Determining key characteristics, game values, and features.
- Determining NFT values and balancing.
- Developing rewards, rules, progressions, and trading systems.
- Synchronize with the Head of LiveOps and Play to Earn.
- Designing and presenting game economy ideas to senior team members.
- Advising and collaborating with designers and developers to create new economic features.
- Explore micro-segmentation for the player and recommend new and useful better segments to use for our features.
- Build and run simulations and predictive models to forecast ahead of the results of changes to the economic model.
- Analyze economy data and propose optimization strategies.
- Testing out game economy ideas and monitoring whether these additions are successful.
- Identifying errors, workarounds, cheats, and shortfalls within game micro-economies.
- Troubleshooting game economy issues as they come up.
- Researching different game economy approaches and opportunities for the economy Director / Manager the business.
- Building cost systems, decomposition models, and complexity progressions for game economies.
- Analyzing reports on user experience and activity of our games.
Economy Director Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in economics, marketing, mathematics, computer science, game design, strategy or relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in economy design and game design.
- In-depth knowledge of the crypto world, blockchain, p2e.
- Strong understanding of game development and design evaluation.
- Proficient at data-related activities, such as data mining and analytics.
- Strategic thinking and UX-centric frame of mind.
- Able to work in a team and collaborate with different development role players.
- Organized and well-developed understanding of game economies.
- Passionate about gaming and game design.
- Great interpersonal and collaborative skills.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. The Sandbox does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. The Sandbox will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with The Sandbox. In the event of any unsolicited resumes sent to The Sandbox or to The Sandbox ATS they will be considered The Sandbox property. The Sandbox will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. The Sandbox will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.