Who we are
The Sandbox is building a decentralized metaverse, empowering creators and players to come together and build the world they’ve always wanted. It is our mission to build an inclusive and open metaverse. Building the bridge between blockchain, social experiences, and gaming. Creating long-lasting relationships through the power of community, creativity, and NFTs.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Gameplay Engineer to work on our blockchain based gaming platform. As a core team member, you will help define and implement new core game systems. You will be collaborating with the game designers to create new and fun gameplay features. Also you’ll be responsible for maintaining and optimizing existing systems in terms of memory, CPU and network bandwidth as Sandbox is a multiplayer first experience.
What you'll be doing
- Prototype and code new gameplay features
- Optimize and do bug-fixing of existing gameplay systems
- Take part in the design process of the gameplay
- Ensure that the systems are well designed and optimal in terms of CPU and memory consumption
- Follow best practices, development processes, documentation, and coding standards
What we're looking for
- Degree in computer science/information technology or relevant professional experience
- 4+ years of experience in the game industry
- Deep understanding of data structures and 3D math
- Understanding of data-oriented paradigm
- Deep knowledge of C# and/or C/C++
- Multi-threaded programming skills
- Online programming skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Able to work in a collaborative and distributed development environment with excellent time-management, organization, and communication skills
You might also have
- Experience with Unity and its new Data Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS)
- Experience working in hardware-constrained scenarios (consoles or mobile)
- Experience programing 3C’s (Character, Camera, Controls)
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. The Sandbox does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. The Sandbox will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with The Sandbox. In the event of any unsolicited resumes sent to The Sandbox or to The Sandbox ATS they will be considered The Sandbox property. The Sandbox will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. The Sandbox will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.