Genies is Gen Z’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools that allow users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods provider with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Our avatar marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking to bring on our first Unity Engineering leader. As our Senior Manager, Unity Engineering you will own our entire Unity Engineering team and drive the development and advancement of our Unity engine technology. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, goal-orientated and a strong team player who has inherited and scaled globally distributed engineering teams. You'll drive our unity technical roadmap, hire and scale a team, and advance our mobile product offerings. You thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, creative, and dynamic environment where collaboration and communication is key. As a Senior Engineering Manager on the Mobile team, you will lead a team of talented Unity Engineers to build new and meaningful experiences for our users using our iOS and Android Apps. The key to the success of this position is having a strong & innovative approach to problem-solving, great technical acumen, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, and a self-motivated working style. You will put your skills and experience to work in a highly-visible environment that will change consumer social experiences for ever.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Directly lead a team of engineers, establish the team culture and processes, mentor and grow individual team members
- Work on critical initiatives for all future mobile development at Genies including Programming of Graphics, Artificial Intelligence and User Interface
- Ensure we are working on the right problems, building the right solutions, and executing quickly and effectively
- Be a force multiplier on an experienced team with in-depth technical knowledge of Unity and C#
- Ability to work Independently and autonomously to complete solutions from scratch & make decisions that drive results within a highly collaborative team
- Provide expertise through participating in architecture and code reviews
- Develop and support new workflows for internal and external partners
- Working as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10 years professional experience in software development
- 5 years of client engineering experience, preferably in game development or mobile applications
- C# and Unity Game Engine experience
- Experience using Unity for live application development is strongly preferred
- Experience leading and growing a team of strong engineers
- Ability to partner closely with cross-functional team members and other teams throughout the company to drive forward key initiatives
- Experience with the entire development life-cycle from gathering requirements to launching
- Possess a growth mindset and passion for learning new technologies and techniques and cultivate an agile culture focused on continuous upskilling, and sharing of knowledge.
- Experience estimating effort and establishing timelines for projects as well as communicating associated risk
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, motivated, self-starter who is adept at working independently
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Working knowledge of backend technologies such as NodeJS or Golang
- Experience programming for mobile devices on iOS and/or Android
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $250,000.00 to $300,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.