Optimus Cards UK Ltd. is looking for an experienced IT Operations Manager reporting to the Head of Product and Technology. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to work in a very friendly environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented, and growing team that are combining the latest technologies, agile methods of working, whilst always striving for the best solution.
About Optimus Cards UK Ltd.
Optimus Cards UK Ltd is an Electronic Money Institution authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under the E-money regulations. We are a Principal member of Mastercard. Our business is providing white label card solutions to regulated and non-regulated entities and we issue prepaid cards and debit cards on behalf of our clients. Optimus is a leader in white label solutions, a dynamic, fast-growing, business, and our client base is varied, counting Credit Unions, fintechs, crypto platforms and UK branches of international banks amongst their number.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the planning, installation and operational support for Temenos T24 application core banking software.
- Supporting the Application Management by performing tasks on Temenos T24 TAFC/TAFJ & amp; related applications in multiple environments.
- Supporting the Application Management by performing tasks on Temenos T24 TAFC/TAFJIntegration, Interaction, ATM and IRIS.
- Supporting 24/7 production systems. Standard core hours as part of a team providing weekday coverage and 24 hours on call availability on a rota basis.
- Managing tasks on other Financial Services applications, including tasks related to change management, release management, and incident management.
- Providing server maintenance via command line operations for non-windows operating system environments (i.e. requires experience in Windows, Linux, AIX etc.)
- Administering web server operations (i.e. requires experience in Jboss, Tomcat, Apache)
- Leading the creation of service level objectives and reporting on these as required.
- Supporting and providing guidance to desktop support analysts on issues related to core applications.
- Will be responsible for performance of L1, L2 and L3 support activities.
- Deploying configuration changes and code upgrades including TAFJ, T24 and Core updates & releases.
- Establishing and monitoring key performance indicators, taking prompt and effective action where results are already, or trending towards, below SLA targets.
- Ensuring that effective ITIL-based best practices are established and maintained for interactions with support teams and vendors.
- Candidates must have experience in Temenos T24 and/or other core banking systems.
- Candidates must have experience of delivering and operating stable Core Banking Applications and the ancillary systems required for a core banking system to operate optimally.
- Candidates must have expertise in operating with Amazon Web Services.
- Candidates should have spent lots of quality time coding non-trivial scripts and automating tasks in order to automate themselves out of the job.
- Candidates should have knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Candidates must have a strong knowledge of container technology (e.g. LXC, Docker) and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Candidates should have an understanding of infrastructure management as code.
- Candidates should have experience of working with revision control systems.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be a team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Candidates must have a great attitude, with fluent written and oral English skills.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep innovating and challenging each day.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together weekly to share updates, strategic plans and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
- Leading and building on an existing team.
This position is a hybrid role, with the flexibility to work from home, and our offices in Brighton and Central London.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.