Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming, and NFT collectibles. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sports experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes, and be part of a thriving community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share, and own your game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform has a card sales volume of over $400M since January 2021 (up from $8M in sales in 2020) and now has exclusive partnerships with over 250 football (soccer) clubs, the MLB & MLBPA, and the NBA & NBPA. Sorare is trusted by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, athletes such as Serena Williams and Kylian Mbappé, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohania - all who believe in the future of integrating NFTs with Gameplay.
As a Product Counsel, you will understand Sorare’s product, priorities, plans and process in order to identify potential legal risks, deliver first-in-class, practical legal advice, develop and implement compliance policies and programs and mitigate risk.
You will work closely with the operational teams (product, engineering, content, communications) to serve as an important connector between business and legal, educating your business partners on compliance and regulatory questions, and understanding business issues so that legal can more effectively drive toward business goals.
You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law and function independently in a vibrant, fast-paced environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of Sorare, its product, offerings and fit within the overall Web3 market
- Provide creative, strategic and forward-thinking product and compliance advice to product and operational teams on a wide range of matters including consumer protection, fair business practices, e-commerce, marketplace and payments
- Review and provide guidance on the launch of new products, features and product-related initiatives
- Partner and coordinate with key internal stakeholders including product, operational, regulatory and communication teams, with a particular focus on assessing regulatory/litigation risk when advising product development
- Keep customer-facing website terms (Terms and Conditions, Marketplace Terms, etc.) up-to-date as product and applicable laws may evolve
- Be a core team player and actively look for opportunities to develop and improve processes and know-how
- Have appropriate risk tolerance, the ability to communicate and advise on complex matters in clear, succinct, and understandable terms
- Work efficiently and independently within the legal team and company
- 5-7+ years of relevant post-qualification experience at a law firm and/or in-house environment, preferably in the B2C/tech and/or gaming digital space.
- Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in EU and US consumer protection and e-commerce. Experience with blockchain products is a plus.
- Highly adaptable and collaborative team player with a proven ability to work cross functionally with business partners and in an international working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, and excited by dynamic change and solving problems.
- Strong communication and strategic planning skills; ability to take initiative on issues and projects
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.