Staff Software Engineer - Signing Cryptography
Tel-Aviv, Israel - hybrid mode
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our growing Signing Cryptography Engineering team. The team is responsible for building the most important part of cryptocurrency handling - the transaction signing and securing. Our challenges include enterprise-grade security, scalability, reliability, cryptography, availability, etc. We take pride in continuous innovation, high performance, effective mentoring/coaching, multi-disciplinary collaboration and the authentic application of lean/agile methods.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll get to:
- Play a critical role in helping to set the direction and goals for the team, in terms of project impact, quality, and engineering efficiency
- Design and implement high quality software from concept through to launch - taking ownership of design, coding, testing and deployment of key proprietary software components of our crypto-brokerage platform.
- Apply engineering best-practices including unit and integration testing, source code version control, agile planning/estimation
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, analyzing complex requirements and breaking down features and initiatives into tactical tasks
- Effectively navigate the trade-offs among MVP vs Enterprise-Grade, Time-to-market and in other relevant dimensions
- Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
- Influence the engineering culture in your broader team and advocate for higher quality and engineering efficiency
- Help with recruiting new members to the team by pitching the team and projects. Help onboard new members in to your team, by mentoring them and making it easy to ramp up in your team's codebases
Your experience should include:
- 8+ years of software development experience, including at least one of the following: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++.
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Specialization in applied cryptography and/or distributed computation.
You might also have:
- Mastery of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity
- Able to apply both OO and functional style to coding
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations of high performance, low latency systems
- Familiar with web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (MQ / Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders
- Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance trading systems and APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant new development of APIs
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.