Magic Eden is the leading community-centric cross-chain marketplace. Our mission is to be the destination for discovery, self-expression, and ownership across digital cultures.
Magic Eden has a build-first culture. We ship first, improve always. We are inclusive and open. We know the stakes and accept our flaws with a champion’s mindset. Working at Magic Eden is a chance to really dig in deep and grow. There is no fear of failure here. We embrace fear and show up for each other with empathy and care. We’ve mastered the art of working remotely as our team is spread across different time zones in Asia, Australia, Europe, and North and South America.
Magic Eden is the fastest growing NFT platform and home to the next generation of digital creators. We are on the lookout for a Strategy & Business Operations Manager to help us build our internal strategy function, lead high-impact projects and manage a team of project and technical specialists.
To succeed in the role, you’ll need to have a passion for driving change and creating outcomes across the organization by performing robust analyses, exhibiting excellent communication and relationship building skills, and demonstrating best-in-class people management skills. Magic Eden is a startup environment, so we need ace entrepreneurial skills and hustle. But we are also keen to build a strong workplace culture, so we welcome people who bring a positive energy to the team.
- Help formulate the long-term strategy across all of Magic Eden’s business lines
- Lead the company-wide strategic planning process
- Head up large-scale transformation projects that touch not only our product development cycle, business development and day-to-day operations, but also our ways of working and internal processes
- Manage a team comprising of data analysts, project managers and operations associates
- Facilitate conversations, lead negotiations and sustain relationships with ecosystem partners and external vendors
What you bring:
- 7+ years of experience in highly strategic, operational, and analytical environments e.g. business operations, product management, investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity or venture capital
- Experience in leading direct and cross-functional teams
- Ability to solve complex business problems, build scalable processes, and ability to handle ambiguity
- Ability to establish solid relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, including fluency with Excel/Google Sheets and BI tools
- Knowledge in SQL and financial modeling would be a plus
- Familiarity with or a keen interest to learn about NFTs and the crypto industry
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Flexible PTO, 7 company holidays and 4 floating holidays
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Wellness and work from home allowance
- Remote-first company
- 401k plan (in the US)
Equal Employment Opportunities at Magic Eden
Magic Eden is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Magic Eden believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Magic Eden also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Magic Eden’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
Magic Eden is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Magic Eden is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please let your Recruiter know. This employer participates in E-Verify