Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 – $100/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long term
The Strategic Program Manager manages large, complex projects or programs that cross multiple platforms within our client. They are in the early stages of an Agile transformation leveraging SAFe. The Program Manager directs multiple scrum teams and is responsible for capacity planning, work assignments and resource management, as it relates to projects or programs within assigned portfolio. The Program Manager also directs initiatives characterized as enterprise-wide, resource-intensive and critical to the business. The candidate needs to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to drive communication, gain/maintain alignment and be proactive with issues.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field.
• 7 years experience in client facing, delivery, and business analysis and design roles.
• 5 years of experience implementing technology-based solutions and/or re-engineering business processes.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Project application.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• A solid understanding of how organizations go through a change and the change process.
• Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
• Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated thought leadership through problem solving skills with an understanding of process excellence.
• Proven track record of managing costs, schedules and budget-to-actual financial forecasting and reporting.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a matrix organization.
• Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across the company and departments at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to support the needs of the project team and internal stakeholders, while holding team members accountable for completion. Ability to identify and remove barriers to progress.
• Successful history in decomposing business objectives into a series of associated projects and manage deliverables through project teams.
• Master’s Degree
• Industry Certifications (PMP, CBAP, Six Sigma)
• SAFe Agile
• SAFe RTE
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Direct resources to plan, build and run technology-based solutions consistent with our client’s implementation methodology.
• Leverage administrative tools to assign work and produce reports such as project dashboards, capacity plans, heat maps, and resource utilization.
• Budget and manage resources – both human and financial – to run programs, projects, and the team within stated targets.
• Manage large, complex programs which are highly visible and critical to the business.
• Serve as a conduit with business partners, Finance & Planning, and IT to effectively govern projects from intake through implementation to ROI measurement.
• Manage key strategic internal relationships with business stakeholders and senior leadership, and interact at a high level with decision-makers.
• Recognizes that changes are going to occur and keeps an open mind to, and embraces changes that will have an effect on program objectives.
• Has a strong understanding of where our industry is trending from tools and overall IT standpoint and can produce market and competitive intelligence position papers on subject matter relevant to our client strategy as directly requested by business partners and/or IT leadership.
• Has the ability to identify the important questions to ask and problems to solve in a way that defines them clearly. Following the identification of the issue, the relevant facts and information are gathered and analyzed in a logical or even abstract manner.
• Set the stage for success by creating an environment in which people can do their assigned tasks without extensive roadblocks. If there are issues that require resolution, or risks in which the planned response is not effective, these then must be escalated to the program manager so they can assist the project manager or team member as quickly as possible.
• Serve as a mentor to team members/ peers/ stakeholders so they can assume additional responsibilities and advance to positions of greater responsibility as the need demands within a program.
• Has the highest level of negotiation skills and competencies, which will be applied to such situations as negotiating for resources, making sure the program remains a top priority in the organization’s portfolio, convincing Sr Leadership to make certain decisions when undergoing a program review, and encouraging and promoting stakeholder support.
• Instill a learning culture among coworkers through knowledge sharing activities such as internal/external guest speakers, lunch and learns, training debriefs, and general team collaboration and knowledge sharing on experiences.
• Maintain a working knowledge of best practices.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.