Recurrent Labs is building a world-class founding team. As one of our first engineers, you’ll help drive our technical decisions and influence our product direction for years to come, with the goal of redefining the future of the music economy.
This will involve R&D in international payments infrastructure, live and prerecorded content delivery on traditional and decentralized architectures, and UX design to engage listeners and creators with each other in novel ways.
You’ll report directly to our CTO, Lucy.
Characteristics of this role:
- Full time
- Can transition to fully remote, but requires 2-4 weeks of in-person onboarding at our headquarters in Oakland, CA
- Competitive compensation & benefits
Your responsibilities will include:
- You’ll work alongside the founding team and directly with Artists and listeners to evaluate, build, and launch core features of the project from start to finish.
- You’ll craft beautiful, minimal, and seamlessly smooth UX flows that incorporate the needs of a diverse Artist community around the world.
- You’ll build and scale core backend architecture that is reliable, flexible, and performant.
- You’ll develop and integrate new decentralized technologies that will serve to democratize the future of music
- You'll work primarily with a JS / Typescript codebase (Express.js, Next.js, React, Firebase, etc.)
- In the process, you’ll throw a lot of festivals and develop an up-to-the-second understanding for the future of music.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience building frontend-heavy applications, conducting user research, creating design systems, validating prototypes, and scaling backend infrastructure.
- Experience in Solidity, Typescript, DB schema design, Docker/Kubernetes, Terraform/Ansible/Chef/etc. a plus