Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming, and NFT collectibles. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sports experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes, and be part of a thriving community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share, and own your game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform has a card sales volume of over $400M since January 2021 (up from $8M in sales in 2020) and now has exclusive partnerships with over 250 football (soccer) clubs, the MLB & MLBPA, and the NBA & NBPA. Sorare is trusted by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, athletes such as Serena Williams and Kylian Mbappé, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohania - all who believe in the future of integrating NFTs with Gameplay.
As Senior Data Scientist, you will play a crucial role in building our data culture. By ensuring that our direction is data-driven, you will optimize and boost our user conversion, acquisition and monetization processes as we welcome millions of fans to Sorare.
- Interact cross-functionally with product, operations and tech teams, and make business recommendations through visual displays of data
- Defining the data tracking strategy together with product and business teams
- Defining and improving our event taxonomy so that it stays coherent
- Researching and benchmarking the latest algorithms that can be used for our particular use-cases
- Applying machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to build new product features
- Improving engagement, conversion and acquisition of users
- Working with software engineers to implement real-time solutions
- 5+ years of prior experience as a senior member of a data organization
- Experience with large data sets and conduct analysis that includes data gathering
- Ability to choose the right statistical tools given a specific data analysis problem
- Strong knowledge of Machine learning theory, statistics and probability
- Experience with statistical languages (e.g: Python, R, Pandas), database languages (e.g: SQL) and main machine learning package (e.g: scikit, xgboost, keras)
- Fluent in SQL, Python, and good knowledge of main machine learning packages: scikit, xgboost, keras…
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Desire to work in NYC full-time
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Sorare ranges from $140,000 - $220,000, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Sorare offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, vision, dental, parental leave, an unlimited vacation policy, 401(k) plan, fitness reimbursements, commuter benefits and contribution to lunch expenses!
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.