Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Gemini Trading
Our growing team is made up of skilled traders who combine knowledge of traditional financial markets with crypto experience to provide best in class execution for our clients. As a member of this department you will cover institutional OTC (over the counter) client flow & trading systems. On the cutting edge of execution services, this department will evolve into both new products and new jurisdictions as the market progresses and regulation permits.
The Role: Lead, Trader
In this role, you'll work with the global trading team to bootstrap our spot OTC trading business via a variety of channels including voice OTC trading and our “eOTC” product (GUI & API). We will be trading digital assets using a variety of discretionary and systematic strategies. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities as Gemini continues to scale its customer base and product suite.
- Manage the market risk of institutional client trading flow, via both voice & eOTC channels
- Foster relationships with institutional Gemini clients
- Architect core back-end infrastructure for trading systems
- Develop and maintain frameworks for market data consumption and storage
- Build execution systems for market making / proprietary trading (centralized & decentralized)
- Leverage 3rd party partnerships to develop solutions for managing operational workflows for assets held in hot wallets & throughout the crypto ecosystem
- Partner with Gemini risk management team to monitor risk metrics in real time
- 5+ years of experience in traditional financial markets and/or crypto spot & derivatives execution
- Experience writing & deploying production level trading software
- Experience with cloud computing & storage systems
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds
- Experience on a bank eFX trading desk, proprietary trading desk, or HFT desk
- Smart contract / DeFi development experience (Solidity, etc.)
- Blockchain wallet software development experience
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents
- At least 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.