Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
We’re looking for an exceptional Vice President for Risk to lead our obligations in the area of risk management. Your main task will be to be the central point for the company’s Enterprise Risk Management and processes. You will be part of our senior management, will work closely with our Board and will be in a continuous dialogue with our risk owners to moderate the process from risk identification to mitigation. As an experienced leader, you will ensure that our business fulfils all requirements in risk matters and you will advise the company to bring our efforts in this field to the next level in close collaboration with the CFO and compliance department.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead the risk management function, including its strategic development
- Manage and coordinate the risk management process, including risk reporting and risk mitigation strategies
- Implement the Internal Control System on a group basis and develop it to the next stage of maturity
- Development of standardised methodology and processes in the area of responsibility
- Own and develop further risk management aspects like financial, operational, market, or process risks, various portfolio evaluations and preparation of risk reports
- Review new products or transactions to identify and quantify their risks and value drivers
Who you are
- Qualified corporate risk manager with substantial years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in (or very closely with) a high-tech, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, leading large, broad teams.
- Good level of understanding of online platform businesses and digitalization, as well as a keen interest in crypto-assets and financial products.
- Proactive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Team player (no egos!), quick comprehension, solution-oriented and precise way of working; ability to work reliably both independently as well as with other players across the company.
- Full professional proficiency (both written and verbal) in English is required; German proficiency would be advantageous but not a must have.
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.