We’re like-minded, curious, excitable people here at Chiliz who work well in teams, spread across the globe. Chiliz is a global blockchain company, which powers Socios.com - the creators of Fan Tokens, and the popular fan rewards platform.
Socios has partnered with some of the world’s best teams, including Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, FC Barcelona, Atlético de Madrid, UFC, Galatasaray, Manchester City FC, Davis Cup, and many more.
The curious nature of a Chilizen is what drives this company forward, and since we’re looking to grow even more, apply for your dream role today.
OUR BRANDS & CHANNELS
Chiliz ($CHZ) is our digital currency for blockchain-backed platforms and products, as well as mainstream users, which powers Socios.com.
Socios.com is the world's first fan voting and rewards platform. We produce digital assets called Fan Tokens for our partner teams, which fans use to vote in team-specific polls to earn rewards and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
Chiliz.net is a first-of-its-kind mobile and desktop crypto exchange for sports & entertainment products.
Due to the continued growth and success of Chiliz & Socios.com, we are now looking to recruit a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team of talented developers that share a common interest in microservices backend systems, their scalability, and continued development.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you have acquired enough experience to have autonomy, and a high view on projects and you are able to make technical decisions all while mentoring and supporting junior team members. This role is available for all qualified candidates based in Europe. Remote working arrangements will be provided either based on full-time employment or consultancy depending on your tax residency (home country).
Responsibilities & Duties
- You can handle technical designs for your feature team and write them down in a way other members of your team can implement them
- You collaborate efficiently with other team members, regardless of their level of expertise, and you can mentor them
- You are a driving force for pushing best practices along with tech leads and architects
- You are pragmatic. You know when to make a tradeoff, and not to. You also know the difference between an ideal implementation and a fine enough solution
- You know what it means to build a project that lasts for years, assuming past decisions and moving forward
- You are a team player and work efficiently in a Scrum environment
- You want to understand the why of a feature or of a bug rather than coding something because being told so.
- You assume and own your team decisions until production and ensure his team code can be deployed to production.
- You can be a driving force of your team, taking responsibility as the tech lead or in support of the tech lead.
- You have effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- You enjoy looking "under the hood", and like to dig into code to understand how it works.
- You care and get involved in our product and you are a driving force to improve it.
- PHP 8.1 / Symfony 6.1 with 15 microservices
- PostgreSQL / Clickhouse
- Amazon SQS (event queue)
- Kong Gateway
- You have experience developing microservices and REST APIs using modern PHP practices;
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in the English language and you have a collaborative attitude. We prioritize teamwork over personal outcomes.
- Responsibility and taking ownership is your second nature. You are not afraid of being responsible for features, making technical decisions and in case something went wrong fix it in a short amount of time.
- Experience in a modern PHP framework;
- You know how to develop complex features, autonomously if needed, keeping in mind scalability, resiliency, and performance;
- You are able to anticipate side effects and edge cases;
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer you the chance to grow, to learn, to flex your creative muscles and to work for a project that is providing excitement to thousands of users.
Our interview phase is a 3-step process where you’ll be able to ask us anything and get to know your team too.
From HR right through to your team lead, we need this process to work both ways: It's not just about you fitting in, but about us being the right fit for you too.
Are you ready to work with the world’s best teams? Are you happy to try, fail and bounce back? Are you excited to keep pushing the boundaries of technology?
We’ve got offices across the world, over 30 nationalities in our ranks and the most important superpower of all - flexibility.
Our competitive salaries, wellness allowance, healthcare and pension plan are just the tip of the iceberg. You’ll gain friends, experience and a good challenge, we’ll gain you.
Are you ready?