Aragon Association is a small, remote-only team of people that spans a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geographies. We're entrepreneurs and Ph.D.s, craft beer and coffee lovers, troublemakers and problem solvers, living across the US, EU, Asia and everywhere in between, who are striving to realize the Aragon Manifesto
by designing and building unstoppable tooling for the creation and management of decentralized autonomous organizations.
Aragon Association has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework for DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their own apps with DAO functionality.
The Senior Full-stack Engineer of the Aragon DAO will be the go-to expert for aragonOS and Aragon Client and ensure the safety of the Aragon DAO itself, one of our largest and most essential users. As the Aragon DAO evolves, new governance needs will arise, requiring updates to its governance contracts, front-end functionality, and constant security evaluations.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, the Senior Full-stack Engineer will also be responsible for fixing issues for other aragonOS and Aragon Client DAOs and owning related high impact engineering projects that require cross-functional technical expertise and highly relevant domain knowledge. This role requires a high level of autonomy, self-direction, and the ability to independently find solutions to complex problems.
Candidates will only be considered who have prior experience working with a well-known DAO governance framework, such as aragonOS, Gnosis Zodiac, OZ, etc., and upon hiring will report directly to the Head of Product Development.
💪What do we expect from the Senior Full-stack Developer working on the Aragon DAO?
- You are a security champion, researching and analyzing ways to secure the DAO's treasury from technical and governance risks. You will lead security audits to ensure the Aragon DAO remains secure for all participants.
- You bridge the gap between stakeholder needs and production-ready solutions. By collaborating closely with stakeholders across the organization, you will gain a deep understanding of their needs in the DAO. You will identify ways to improve their experience and have the autonomy to lead these changes on your own.
- You are a natural project leader, taking ownership of projects that improve the experience of all Aragon DAO participants. Examples include integrating with financial streaming services, implementing auto-undelegation features, and more.
- You bring stability to the community by fixing critical bugs in aragonOS and Aragon Client. By working closely with the Technical Support Specialist, you'll stay up-to-date on the most pressing issues and have a strong intuition in how and when they are escalated.
- You provide critical feedback, as an engineer for one of the largest DAOs in the industry and expertise in aragonOS, on the latest protocol versions and make recommendations on when to migrate the Aragon DAO to the new stack.
- You will lead the sunsetting process of Aragon Court and Aragon Govern, taking the technical reins to ensure a seamless transition. This includes evaluating the impact, migrating any data or assets, and conducting thorough testing to guarantee the transition is smooth.
- Deep understanding of one or more existing DAO frameworks
- 3+ years of experience as a TS/JS developer, with specific experience in Node.js
- Solid understanding of smart contract / DeFi security risks and the techniques to identify them (audits, honey pots, bug bounties, etc).
- Solid knowledge of languages like Go or Rust
- Solid understanding of cryptography
- Able to advocate and enforce best practices on the team, including testing (unit, integration, e2e), clean code principles, documentation, etc.
- Excellent English and technical communication - both written and oral - that is completely free of bullshit
- Familiarity or experience working with aragonOS and Aragon Client architecture
- Experience working on open source projects, ideally in blockchain, cryptography, smart contracts, decentralized systems, or any related technology in the web3 ecosystem
- Knowledge or hands on experience working with other parts of our stack (React, GraphQL/Subgraph, Solidity, IPFS)
- Understanding of Zero Knowledge cryptography and applications
- Passionate about the possibilities of decentralized autonomous organizations and the impacts they may have on how humans work together to solve problems
We value freedom and responsibility - so much so that we are in the process of taking this one step further with our plans to fully transition into operating as a new Aragon DAO by 2023. This means that we're a remote only organization that's flexible as to where you want to work and your schedule, as long as you're within +/- 5 hours of UTC. We will trust you to accommodate to best support your team.
You will get all of the resources needed to be effective, whether its for setting up your remote work environment or a personal development budget.
The Aragon Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and the steward of the Aragon project, a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance.