Our company mission is to collectively evolve social, financial and governance systems towards a world that puts people in full control of their lives. The world class in -person and digital/hybrid events across the globe that we organize, and take part in, allow us to reinforce adoption of our vision and mission.
As a Head of Events at IO, you will lead the growth, development and management of IO events and their operations relating to conferences, exhibitions, sponsorships, meetups, training courses and related partner initiatives. You will report to the VP of Marketing and ensure we deliver a best-in-class experience for everyone involved in IO events.
The quality of your programmes will deliver brand equity that positions us as a renowned leader in research, product design, engineering and development of blockchain / cryptocurrency protocols and applications. As a company, we are always growing and diversifying our products and services. This role will be pivotal in communicating the expansion of our portfolio through the uniqueness of events we build, manage and deliver across the globe.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader who can organize and manage bespoke teams of junior and mid-level staff through the development, execution and evaluation of events.
- Overall responsibility for our high-profile event portfolio whilst maximizing the awareness and adoption of IO products and applications
- Leads and collaborates with the team to ideate and develop event agendas ; identify, secure and prepare speakers; and coordinate Executive Stakeholders scheduling.
- Develop, produce, and measure alternative marketing campaign programs from non-traditional presence events to thought leadership events.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedure documents that detail step-by-step processes for all elements of meeting planning and execution.
- Create and execute project plans that cover all aspects of events including team resourcing, budgeting, content creation and logistics. Execution includes all activities at the event itself as well as post-event such as surveys and closure reports with lessons learned.
- Create reports at executive level on progress, value realization, key risks, and challenges.
- Understand the objectives of events and develop options that achieve goals without always necessitating a physical presence, large team or budget.
- Manage a 2 year regularly updated rolling calendar of events (including regular meetup programmes) across tiered segments including dedicated developer, cryptographic, vertical and generic blockchain audiences.
- Work across teams to identify resource needs and support IO participants to maximize ROI from attendance.
- Manage and support the annual IO summit and identify ways to include community engagement and participation.
- Maintain budgets, control costs with suppliers and negotiate without compromising quality.
- Liaise with production teams to ensure seamless ground logistics at events.
- Establish standalone, self financing conferences related to IO projects.
- Lead a growing team, using your experience to help everyone within your department deliver amazing results and develop personally
- Work closely with IO’s Director of Education to deliver quality training course venues and programmes.
- Identify and implement conference billing / turn key solutions for IO led industry events.
- Develop request and approval process for meetups/workshops for internal teams
- Provide logistical services for approved workshops / meetups by organizing necessary travel, accommodation and team-building activities within prescribed budget limits.
- Experience in delivering high-velocity, high-volume global events. programme, managing multiple stakeholders across different locations.
- A strong understanding of, and interest in, the latest event technologies.
- Experience managing a team of event managers within a previous role.
- Exceptional project management.
- Strong proven leadership skills.
- Understanding of setting annual P&L for multiple events to enable success in meeting and exceeding budgeted net profit.
- Management of third party event suppliers and partners.
- Confident, able to work with minimum supervision to strict deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Identifies and communicates potential risks that may impact the overall success of each event.
- Lead the delivery of annual IO internal summit including location, venue and logistics in concert with HR, Marketing, Finance and Executives.
Education / Experience
- 10+ years corporate events planning and management experience in the high-tech industry.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and senior level leadership across programs and initiatives
- Highly organized with an eye for detail and exemplary planning skills.
- Open Source community events experience is desirable.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and navigates ambiguity well: you self-manage, take initiative, and work independently in an ever-evolving, fast-paced environment, you stay flexible and adapt quickly as situations change.
- Familiarity with government requirements, including security aspects of virtual events and platforms is a plus.
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and best practices for event planning and promotions.
- This role involves regularly working on-site, often during weekends.
- Flexibility to travel internationally as required.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service