Abacus Works is looking for a Senior Smart Contract Engineer to work on Hyperlane, an interoperability protocol.
The Hyperlane protocol provides an on-chain API for smart contract developers to send information securely from one chain to another. With Hyperlane, developers can connect their applications across a growing set of blockchains, abstracting away the complexity of interoperability to offer their users a seamless and unified experience between blockchains.
In this role you will
- Design, implement, and optimize the smart contracts that underpin the Hyperlane interchain messaging API
- Design and implement novel economic primitives that secure the Hyperlane interchain messaging API
- Set and maintain smart contract security best practices
- BONUS: Help grow the team
For this role you have or are
- 2+ years designing, building, and maintaining smart contract protocols in production
- Expert level knowledge of the EVM or other smart contract execution environments
- A crypto-native
- The drive, intensity, and motivation to perform at a world class level
- BONUS: Self describe as a "gas golfer"
- BONUS: Experience building in Solana, Cosmwasm, or Move-based execution environments
Annual Salary Range: $100-250k