Applicant Privacy Notice
Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, the fastest and most scalable smart contract platform.Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
We are looking for a Compliance Specialist to help develop and implement policies and procedures appropriate for our various businesses. You will also review KYC information and provide advice on compliance. To succeed in this role, you should be a reliable professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions. You should be familiar with risk management and evolving standards for blockchain and crypto-asset companies. Your goal will be to ensure we operate in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in the development and implementation of an effective compliance program across applicable laws, including anti-money laundering and sanctions, data privacy and other important compliance issues for various business lines, including personal wallets, bridges, and trading venues
- Coordinate the money transmission licensing process, including create and revise policies/procedures, interact with auditors and regulators, manage regulatory training, and other related projects
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Draft and revise company policies
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Address employee concerns or questions on compliance matters
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Proven experience as a Compliance Officer or Compliance Manager (5-7 years of experience)
- Bachelor's degree
- AML certification required (CAMS ideal)
- Knowledge of key U.S. State money transmitter regulations, FinCEN reporting requirements; familiarity with global regulatory issues facing blockchain and crypto-asset businesses
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed reporting
- Demonstrated capacity to function in a hyper-growth, blockchain startup environment
- Ability to represent the Company in communications with external parties such as state regulators, auditors, banks, and other regulatory and business partners
- Preference for those having experience in blockchain, crypto assets, fintech, MSBs, or other similarly regulated organizations.
- Experience in risk management
- Familiarity with GDPR and privacy compliance
- Excellent communication skills
Salary Range: $104,000 to $123,500
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.