We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 30 different countries.
We’re looking for a passionate multidisciplinary Security Operations Lead to join our Security team and lead the design, implementation and maintenance of effective security monitoring and response processes. Your job is to think like an attacker, to establish world-class SecOps capabilities in order to protect our employees and our platform. The goal of the Security team at Upvest is to help move security to the left, assist teams with producing secure solutions, and develop strong internal security controls and processes. We’re an English-speaking team, so no German knowledge will be required.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Report to our Chief Security Officer to support a wide range of cybersecurity tasks, with a focus on operational security topics
- Work closely with Product and Cloud Security Engineering, and TechOps teams as subject matter expert (SME) on monitoring, detection, and response
- Establish automated alerting and response processes by leveraging SIEM and security orchestration tools
- Develop solutions that augment internal security monitoring, and strengthen controls and processes
- Lead incident management activities if a security event occurs
- You’ll have the opportunity to build a team, but need to be capable and comfortable with being the sole hands-on at the start (with support from the rest of the team)
A real passion for information security, staying abreast of developments in the field, and a desire to share knowledge and educate others
- At least 8 years of experience working in cybersecurity
- A strong foundation in general cybersecurity practices with deep technical knowledge in web application/API security
- Prior experience building and running security monitoring functions (e.g. SIEM).
- Prior experience with Cloud computing and security (ideally with Google Cloud Platform)
- Knowledge of our modern tech stack (Cloudflare, Datadog, Golang, Postgres, Docker, k8s) is a plus
- Confident understanding of Linux and macOS
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to other Upvengers
Greenfield projects. We’re building something quite complex and a first in Europe. This means we’re working with cutting-edge technologies and with no legacy code.
Wellbeing. At Upvest, everyone has access to our in-house coach where you can have regular sessions to support you personally and professionally.
Development. In keeping with one of our core values, ‘Learn and Grow’, every Upvenger has access to a development budget. In line with one of our other values, ‘Own the Outcome’, how you choose to make the most of it, is up to you.
Flexibility. We work in a hybrid setup with a team distributed around Germany and Europe. We give you the choice (and budget) to spend your time where you are most comfortable and productive, either at home or the office. You choose.
Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! The team over Egos.
Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.