IO Global is searching for Research Fellows to conduct high quality research in the wider area of blockchain governance. The research questions that arise in blockchain governance touch on many topics that require a diverse range of expertise.
Therefore, we are looking for outstanding candidates that are experts in one or more of the following areas and how they inform or can be applied to blockchain governance:
- Political science
- Social Choice Theory ( the study of opinion aggregation, and collective decision making)
- Management Science
- Human computer interaction and user experience
The successful candidate will combine well-developed research skills with a passion for collaborating in innovative projects.
- Representing IOG at academic and industry conferences and explaining technical information to the public
- Writing research papers for submission to top-tier conferences and peer-reviewed journals
- Reviewing pre-prints and manuscripts related to blockchain technology
- Working independently as well as in groups with other IOG researchers and external collaborators
- Communicating with development teams, including preparing specifications for protocols and algorithms
- Participating in weekly research meetings
- Some international travel and short relocation assignments as required.
- A PhD in computer science, economics, political science, or a related discipline
- At least two years post-PhD research experience
- An excellent record of peer-reviewed publications
- Fundamental understanding of computer programming
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- The motivation to work at a high level of excellence
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in a European or US time zone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service