You’ll fit if you are
🏋️ Committed and owner: Deeply invested in the success of the company and the satisfaction of users. Willing to go the extra mile to make sure that the work you do is of the highest quality. Takes pride in their work and takes ownership of their responsibilities.
🙋 Entrepreneurial mindset and ambitious: Proactive and takes initiative. Comfortable figuring things out on their own when necessary. Ambitious and eager to make an impact. Willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities as the company grows.
📲 Product and user focus: Passionate about creating the best possible product for our users. Keeps user needs and preferences in mind when making design and architectural decisions. Driven by the belief that our product can make a real difference in people's lives.
📈 Growth minded and humble: Open to feedback and willing to learn and grow from it. Low ego and comfortable admitting when they are wrong or need help. Open to new ideas and approaches. Always looking for ways to improve themselves and the company.
🤝 Team player: Understands that building a startup is a team effort. Willing to support and collaborate with coworkers. Dependable and reliable. Willing to go above and beyond to help the team succeed. Supportive and compassionate. Willing to lend an ear or a helping hand when coworkers need it.
You’ll be working with infrastructure/cloud engineering and backend script development that will process millions of dollars monthly. We’re looking for a backend engineer with a proven track record of building cloud infrastructure at scale. You’ll be working with cutting edge technologies and collaborating with the CTO to design scalable and reliable infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Design, build and own highly scalable and reliable backend infrastructure
- Continuously improve our engineering processes, tools, and systems that allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team
- Grow Openfort culture through mentorship and recruiting
- Willing to relocate to Barcelona, Spain
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience (in respected startups or scale-ups)
- Proven track record building highly available and highly scalable systems
- Proficiency with technologies we use like NodeJS and Typescript
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- You’re an engineer, NOT a manager
Nice to haves
- Experience building in Web3 (ie. hackathons) and familiar with Ethereum nodes.
- Experience building externally-facing APIs / SDKs
- Strong C# knowledge and Unity Engine/Unreal Engine experience
- Has built products / projects from scratch, even if it was for fun