Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the largest and fastest-growing cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, and is part of the OK Group family of companies. We help millions of people buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, and over 100 other crypto assets every day. But our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone. Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance? Come on board!
About the Team:
The U.S. Legal team provides legal advice and guidance to Okcoin and its affiliated entities across all coverage areas and geographic locations, and supports business growth by working with all teams within the company to help them achieve their goals. Okcoin is based in San Jose, California, and has customers worldwide with offices in the United States (San Jose, San Francisco and New York City), Europe, Asia, and Australia. Our team has attorneys around the world, and handles legal matters in literally hundreds of countries across the globe.
About the Opportunity:
As a Deputy General Counsel responsible for global employment matters, you will report directly to the General Counsel, who is located in San Francisco. You will work closely with all members of the U.S. Legal team and business leaders throughout the company, but especially with our global HR, finance, and recruiting departments. You will be working from either our San Francisco or San Jose office three days a week. You may work remotely two days a week.
The right candidate will have a basic understanding of and enthusiastic belief in the cryptocurrency/digital asset space, 8+ years of experience working on employment matters for a top law firm or in-house at a fast-paced, brand-name business, and possess strong academic credentials and excellent writing and analytical skills. The ideal candidate will have strong expertise and experience in employment law, including recruiting, hiring, immigration, internal investigations, HR advice and support, and employment litigation and arbitration. This role requires subject matter expertise in both U.S. employment law and employment laws and regulations around the world.
We offer a competitive base salary and bonus structure as well as excellent benefits and an opportunity to work in a cutting-edge industry that will be the future of financial services.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Supporting the business by managing and handling all legal HR, employment, and recruiting matters for the company and its global affiliated entities;
- Supporting our HR, finance and recruiting departments on a daily basis by providing legal advice and guidance on all employment matters affecting the company;
- To the extent needed, managing employment litigation and arbitration matters and retaining and supervising outside counsel;
- To the extent needed, supporting HR by conducting internal investigations and interviewing employees;
- Working with other members of the Legal team and business partners on legal issues and matters touching on employee retention, payroll, executive compensation and immigration and visa issues;
- Collaborating with product and business development teams to achieve company-wide projects and goals; and
- Manage legal requests from all areas of the business and effectively advise on legal concepts and legal risk with an eye towards the strategic goals of business leaders.
What We Look For In You:
- Active membership with a state bar (CA preferred) or eligible to practice in California as a registered in-house counsel;
- Resident of the San Francisco Bay Area;
- 8+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm and/or in-house legal team working on employment matters;
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, growth-stage and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to effectively advise and build trust with business teams;
- Ability to work in a high-functioning legal team and feel comfortable in a collaborative working environment;
- Self-starter, quick learner who is highly driven, proactive, responsive and precise.
- Experience working on cross-jurisdictional matters and a global legal team;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating offer letters, employment agreements and severance agreements.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- The salary range for this position is $213,000 to $320,000.
- The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.