We are a small group of veteran game developers and entrepreneurs creating games using blockchain technology. Our vision is simple: to create generation-defining games that fundamentally grant power and ownership to the players who play them.
Our team has decades of experience building games at the scale of 100M+ players. Our team hails from Epic Games, Zynga, EA, Riot, Scopely, THQ and Activision, where we led $1b+ franchises like FarmVille and League of Legends. We’ve also been active as founders and investors in crypto since 2013 and are backed by world-class investors.
Hear directly from our founding team: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/early-stage-team-at-proof-of-play
This is a contract-to-hire role for a Senior UI Designer, reporting to the Head of Product Design.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Head of Product Design to bring wireframes to high fidelity
- Apply design principles such as color, typography, visual hierarchy, and accessibility
- Own and iterate on our existing design systems and style guides in Figma
- Ensure consistent look and feel across our product
- Create illustrations and iconography
- Collaborate with front-end developers to make your designs a reality
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in a visual design, UI design, other similar role creating delightful web and mobile
- UIA strong portfolio of work showing the UI and design systems you’ve created
- Experience building and iterating on design systems
- Expert understanding of visual design principles such as color, typography, visual hierarchy, and accessibility
- Expert proficiency with Figma: you nerd out about component sets, new plugins, and scalable layout frames
- Competency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Clear communication of the thought process and rationale behind design decisions
- Ability to adapt and pivot in a fast paced environment and quickly iterate upon feedback
- A passion for Web3 and/or gaming
- Prior experience designing for video games
- Experience with animation, motion, or 3D design
Benefits and perks
- Fully-remote with flexible hours & location
- Top-tier medical insurance with 100% premium covered for both you and your partner (US-only)
- Generous remote-setup package with a brand new Mac or PC
- Paid parental leave
- Fun and exciting company retreats
- Flexible vacation policy
Have a quick question about the role? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you within two days.
A final thought from our founder, Amitt, "Everyone is a player of games, and we believe that ideally starts with our team. We foster a diverse set of voices and want our team to represent the diversity of those who play our games. We believe that a wide range of perspectives will lead to a more creative and inclusive game culture. This is vital to our business—and it’s at the heart of what we do. Even if you’re new to this realm, we genuinely encourage you to apply. "