Blockchains is committed to protecting and empowering individuals through the development of applications, services, and ecosystems designed to change the way people interact with technology, infrastructure, and each other. Software solutions in development by Blockchains focus on preparing the world for the next phase of the internet’s evolution – Web 3.0 – with an emphasis on digital identity, digital asset custody, IoT, and a stable means of digital payment.
Blockchains is dedicated to innovation, and its efforts do not stop at software. Blockchains envisions a world transformed by blockchain technology, in which digital- and real-world interactions are interwoven. Blockchains plans to build out a real-life sandbox in northern Nevada, where it, along with other like-minded companies and individuals, can come together to innovate and collaborate to create a better future for all.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Project Manager for IT, Cybersecurity and DevOps, you will be responsible for managing multiple simultaneous IT, Cybersecurity and DevOps project initiatives. You will be part of a team of project managers working to deliver project(s) that span multiple disciplines, business units and partners. You will work closely with the IT, Cybersecurity, DevOps, GRC, Engineering and Product teams to deliver internal projects and external facing products. You will be accountable for ensuring that the project produces the required deliverables of quality within the specified constraints of time and cost, and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case. This position will also help define and drive continuous process improvement initiatives as it relates to project delivery.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assembling and project managing cross-organizational, high-performance teams on complex programs and projects, fostering collaborative execution of project goals with a sense of urgency
- Creating project plans and managing assigned project deliverables, reporting, coordinating communications, and costs.
- Anticipate and proactively mitigate risks and issues of IT/Cyber development and deployment plans
- Providing on-site and remote project management for project teams by developing detailed plans that will successfully deliver on project goals and project milestones
- Providing project leadership, guidance, feedback, advice, and encouragement
- Promoting agile methodologies and scrum throughout the organization and ensure adherence to process framework
- Successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for several initiatives simultaneously
- Working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Preparing resource and cost estimates for all phases of the project
- Developing and delivering status reports regarding program execution to leadership and key stakeholders
- Understanding the interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
- Demonstrating a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Managing project focus, scope, and changes to limit adverse impacts and maximize results
- Participating and/or driving feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Defining the statement of work and specifications for the requested goods and services
- Defining success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
- Developing a trusted adviser relationship with project teams, stakeholders, and sponsors
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
You have experience with full product lifecycle and deep understanding of development life cycle and demonstrated success in managing resources, schedules, financials, and adhering to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full system's development life cycle – including management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. You have experience in developing a program’s objectives and strategy, as well as defining and overseeing projects needed to reach the organization’s goals. Proven ability to work in a developing environment and collaborate across multiple areas to achieve a common business objective and have an extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods, and techniques.
You are process oriented and have demonstrated an ability to drive results and accountability of business needs. Proficient in Jira, Confluence, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and/or senior leadership. You possess interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, educate, facilitate, and enhance performance within a cross-functional, dynamic environment and have demonstrated decisiveness in identifying priorities and resolving business problems.
Knowledge and experience in blockchain technology and decentralized software is a plus.
YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
You have a bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 5 or more years of project and program management experience, including leading multiple simultaneous projects, and working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional environment. PMP certification, CSM certification or experience with leading agile scrum teams a plus.
Blockchains, Inc. (“Blockchains”) is proud to be a diverse workforce, and we are committed to inclusion and diversity to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants. Blockchains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Blockchains, Inc. (“Controller”), which is located at 610 Waltham Way, Sparks, NV 89437 and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s data protection officer is Edward O'Connor, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.