What is the job?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated developer to serve as a strong advocate in the Radix developer community – our bridge between the Radix team and the builders that Radix exists to make successful with our technology.
Scrypto is Radix’s breakthrough programming language for decentralized finance (or DeFi) and Web 3.0. Radix’s community of developers are passionate about Scrypto and the enormous opportunity that DeFi offers them. You will be joining the Developer Ecosystem team whose mission is to ensure that every developer that gives Scrypto a try and shows up in our community social channels has a great experience that makes them want to return, learn, build, and ultimately contribute back to that community.
You will start by becoming an expert in the ins and outs of building smart contracts the Scrypto way, and where Scrypto is headed over the coming months.
Armed with this knowledge and a passion to show others the path, you will ensure that no question goes unanswered, that Radix developer channels are places of learning and fun, and that the Radix development team is aware of the day-to-day challenges and desires of Scrypto developers as the tools evolve and grow. You will be expected to be a consistent and respected presence on multiple channels of developer interaction, such as Discord, Telegram, Github, and Twitter.
Click here to see our CPO Matt talk about why we think DeFi/Web3.0 matters and why Scrypto is the key to unlocking its potential for developers: https://youtu.be/oeqb6_l7hLQ?t=3948
What are we looking for?
- You are a developer, who has at least dabbled in smart contract development and who has started learning Scrypto
- You are a crypto native, familiar with the crypto and DeFi ecosystem and why it matters
- You thrive on people, drawing energy from connecting, engaging, understanding needs, and helping them be successful with whatever excites them
- You are a natural educator, continually coming up with the most effective ways to convey technical concepts to developers in words and code and accelerating their work
What do you need?
- Demonstrable professional software development experience
- Some participation in an open-source project which has at least 4 contributors (Github)
- Passion for sharing software development/Web3 knowledge
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Web3 software development
- Experience with Rust (on which Scrypto is heavily based)
- Experience with technical writing/documentation
- Online community moderation experience
- Current Radix community members are welcomed!
👉 Have you checked the Radix Developer Program and submitted your first Scrypto blueprint? Let us know in your application.
Who are we?
At RDX Works, we're a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we're living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to over $200 billion in a few years. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn't even a rounding error on the over $400 trillion held in traditional finance. We're focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
RDX went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We're keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we're also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration.
If this job sounds like it was made for you, then please apply directly via the link or if you don’t have an up-to-date CV to apply with, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Check out our company benefits here - RDX Works Benefits
Alternatively, if you feel like you don’t match all of the requirements, we would love you to still apply anyway. We understand that confidence gaps and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates and we wouldn’t want this to prevent us from meeting you; especially as we are big advocates of helping people learn & grow. This is also another reason we do not advertise salaries, we want to keep it as even a playing field as possible!