Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team and role:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Lake Mary, FL, or Westlake, TX with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management. Remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. may be considered.
As a Financial Crimes, Crypto Quality Assurance (QA) Senior Associate, you’ll perform QA case reviews––including Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and supporting documentation prepared by our AML investigators––primarily involving our cryptocurrency products. Your QA review results will be essential to improving our investigations processes and a significant driver in developing our crypto investigations program.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Perform QA reviews of the work performed by AML Investigators, primarily on cases involving cryptocurrency
- Develop targeted training and feedback to provide to AML Investigators
- Generate and review QA feedback prior to distribution to other teams/processes, as needed
- Contribute to the enhancement of the QA Program by improving policies, procedures, and job aids
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 3+ years working at a broker-dealer, cryptocurrency institution, other financial institution, or related financial services consulting experience
- 3+ years in AML investigations, including drafting SARs
- 1+ years of AML QA and/or QC experience
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, Elliptic, CipherTrace, TRM Labs)
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS), especially relating to virtual currencies
- Familiarity with regulations relevant to broker-dealers including: Bank Secrecy Act, PATRIOT ACT, KYC requirements, as well as an understanding of applicable broker-dealer regulations (Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Regulation T, etc.) and products
- Outstanding data analysis skills for investigative purposes
- Ability and passion to learn and adapt quickly, as Robinhood and the crypto space are fast evolving environments
- Keen attention to detail, organization, and operational improvements, including gap identification and root-cause analysis capabilities
- Crypto-specific investigative work experience, and knowledge of blockchain analysis across various crypto products
- Crypto compliance certifications (CCI, CTCE, CCFC, Reactor, KYT)
- ACAMS certified
- Passed the SIE or hold FINRA Series license(s)
- Experience with Actimize and/or Nasdaq SMARTS Trade Surveillance system
- Masters, or other graduate, degree
- Experience in a project lead or mentorship capacity
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Clickhere to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.