Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models. At Akuna we have a flat structure, where the best idea wins.
Our Founding Partners, including our CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened our first office in 2011 in Chicago, the heart of the derivatives & options industry. Akuna then expanded to Sydney in 2018 to be the center of our Asian trading operations, and in 2021 moved to our new Barangaroo waterfront office. We are currently trading HK, Korea, cryptocurrencies and US night markets and are excited for expansions into all the major Asian exchanges. We also have offices in Shanghai and Boston.
At Akuna, we believe that the people are the center of everything we do. Our Sydney office has a start-up feel with less than 200 people, which means you really get to know the team! We run social poker competitions, office happy hours, have a fully stacked breakfast and snack room, host social events, go on company trips, have social clubs, and offer great training with our Akuna University. We are expanding rapidly and looking for the best talent to join us on this journey. If you enjoy being part of smart, driven teams with real challenges to solve- this could be the place for you!
About the role:
We are seeking a Trading System Engineer to join our dynamic team at Akuna in London. This person will be responsible for installing and managing production trading applications at both the desktop and server level. This is a role that will focus on supporting, managing, optimizing and troubleshooting the production trading environment.
Whilst we have an office in London, this is a remote role until Q2-Q3 2023 at which point the role will become hybrid.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Development, Trading and Infrastructure teams to troubleshoot issues, make continuous improvements, and configure the trading system
- Work on automating daily and repetitive tasks
- Create, update and improve continuous monitoring processes of the production trading environment
- Learn and adjust to ongoing changes within our proprietary trading system
- Support the release process to ensure that Akuna and its systems are upgraded properly
- Learn and support in-house and third-party software applications
- Provide in-office technical support to traders using our proprietary trading system
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience and qualifications
- Familiar with Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, etc.), automation tools and not afraid of the command line
- Experience with Python, Bash, Databases structures and scripting techniques
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Understanding of the importance of risk & compliance procedures and controls
- Team player with the ability to build relationships with multiple teams and offices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- On-call availability to work outside of core business hours or on weekends or holidays
What you'll get:
- For this role, remote working opportunity for anyone in the U.K.
- An attractive base salary, generous bonus structure and plenty of career mobility opportunities
- We are proud to offer firm-wide classes through our Akuna U program, access to webinars, digital books, and case studies
- Opportunities to attend conferences, and tuition reimbursements to make sure you keep learning!
- Leave starting at 20 days per year that increases based on tenure with the firm