Location:Remote, ideally not more than +/-7 hours from CET
As stewards of the Polkadot ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralized technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralized and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
About the position:
We are looking for an experienced, strategic leader to build and manage organic global social media and influencer relations for Polkadot, Kusama, and the Web3 Foundation, leveraging both established and emerging platforms. With an already strong and active following, you will develop ambitious plans and strategies that place Polkadot at the center of the conversation about building a better web. Your assignment is to evolve the Polkadot social brand by illustrating the Web3 vision, becoming a magnetic force and fueling a movement for change, and attracting people from both in and outside the blockchain world. Polkadot is built for unbounded innovation, and as such, this is an opportunity to break the mold and be creative in your approach.
You will have a track record of building impactful social media campaigns, strong creative writing skills, and understand how to get the most out of social channels to build brands. You will also have either direct crypto experience and/or genuine passion and enthusiasm for Web3 and blockchain technology. An ability to collaborate and work and cross-functionally will be key to success.
Reporting to the VP of Communications, this entrepreneurial role is core to the foundation of the Communications team and our mission to cultivate community, communicate our purpose, and elevate our brand.
- Develop, lead and execute innovative social and influencer programs to drive engagement and further build the Polkadot community and vision for a better web
- Build a world class “always on” social media function and team with a global finger on the pulse of social channels, both established and emerging.
- Own the creation and execution of an influencer marketing program including original content creation, influencer management, planning and execution
- Collaborate with a range of partners including creative teams, digital marketing, PR, content, and our ecosystem partners to identify and implement impactful and creative solutions to further the Polkadot brand
- Create compelling, well-written organic narratives that breakthrough with various social audiences, including the crypto industry, developers, investors, media, and consumers that are new to Web3 and blockchain technology.
- Build and manage a flexible and robust content calendar, inclusive of key moments for our ecosystem partners
- Track success metrics, reporting on the impact of our social and influencer efforts that map to reach, engagement, growth and sentiment goals.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry news and social media trends
- Question the status quo and explore on new ways of doing things with curiosity and conviction
- Knowledge of culturally relevant trends and events
8+ years of demonstrated hands on experience developing, managing, and scaling social media campaigns and teams across all platforms. Experience in crypto/blockchain/Web3 is a must.
- A comprehensive social media leader that acts with autonomy and enthusiasm to strategize, create, build a community, and manage a team
- Ability to identify and capitalize on trends, people, and conversations to drive conversations and content/storytelling opportunities in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- A deep understanding of crypto/blockchain social and its unique memes and lingo
- Experiencing tracking social metrics around sentiment and reach to quantify the value of all social & influencer efforts to the Polkadot community
- A mindset that lends to taking risks, finding the edge, and questioning the status quo
Proven track record of working in cross-functional teams including design, PR, marketing, business development, and finance
Excellent project management and internal communication skills
- A belief that work can and should be fun
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.