Dune is on a mission to make crypto data accessible. We’re a collaborative multi-blockchain analytics platform which is used by thousands of developers, analysts, investors and community members to better understand how the crypto ecosystem works.
We are now ~55 employees, globally distributed across the world 🌍️. We cherish working on a product that empowers our users to create and do their own research in an open community first manner.
We’re backed by some of the world's best investors. In February 2022, we announced that we’ve raised our Series B funding, led by Coatue 🦄 to double down on our mission of making crypto data accessible! We’ll use the funds to educate, reward and empower a new generation of on-chain analysts aka Dune Wizards 🧙♀️
If you want to have one of the highest impact jobs on the planet come join our wonderful team of Galaxy brains.
Learn more about us:
The Dune Manifesto
Values and working at Dune
Meet the team
The data must flow
What we are building:
We are building a collaborative open-access ETL for blockchain data. Blockchain data, like many open data sources, requires extensive domain knowledge to wrangle it into useful formats before one can derive value from it. Often, this work is done in silos and limited in scope, resulting in repeated wasted efforts. We are inspired by projects in other domains that evade this trap like Wikipedia which has arguably become the most reliable repository of knowledge to have ever existed by fostering an extensive network of contributors and quality control practices/tools.
We aim to build a platform where blockchain analysts and engineers can work together to collaborate on data transformations and create the world’s most accurate repository of blockchain data. We already have a thriving community of contributors with excellent retention from a wide range of backgrounds. Check out the insights page on our Github repo to see for yourself.
Where you come in: You’ll help our community by building the infrastructure that allows us to:
- Build open data pipelines in a world where most tools are built for closed teams.
- Accelerate the code review process by automating and simplifying the range of checks reviewers need to make.
- Orchestrate robust pipelines that are resilient to user error in a fast paced contribution pipeline.
- Understand and prioritize the needs of our diverse community from amateur data sleuths to professional data scientists and engineers.
About the role:
Dune is a small team building large things. We are generalist engineers who pick up any and all challenges together. We like to think and design before jumping into coding.
In this role you will:
- Assume ownership of data transformation pipelines that take community contributed SQL transformations as an input.
- Engage in stimulating technical challenges in topics such as distributed systems, very large databases, SQL processing, data modeling, or systems performance
- Write code mostly in Python, SQL and some Kotlin with a strong emphasis on good design and performance
You might be a great fit for this role if:
- You are a strong generalist with fundamental computer science knowledge. You use this knowledge to easily adapt to new technologies and scenarios, and to find the right solutions for the problems at hand.
- You have an understanding of distributed system design. Our work is as much about understanding and designing systems as it is about coding in a particular language.
- You have great collaboration and communication skills. We work on the principle that the best output emerges from effective team work and respectful/constructive discussions.
- CI / CD pipelines
Not required but a plus if:
- You know your way around crypto and/or smart contracts.
- You have made contributions to open source big data projects.
- You have experience with database internals, massive data storage and processing, and systems performance
Perks and Benefits
- A competitive salary and equity package 🚀
- Our employee equity scheme have world class employee friendly terms with a heavily discounted strike price (~70%) and a 10 year exercise window 🙌
- 🏖 5 weeks PTO + local public holidays (that can be swapped to suit you)
- 🧑💻 A fully remote first approach with truly flexible working hours within a distributed team - you structure your own day, enabling huge flexibility
- Good health is important, so we offer Dune employees private medical insurance as standard 🩺
- We believe in paid parental leave 👶 to help you celebrate this important milestone, transition to your new life, and bond with your new baby. We offer 16 weeks to primary caregivers and 6 weeks to secondary caregivers, fully paid. Plus a 2 week part time phased return at full pay to help you get used to your new (and slightly more complex!) schedule.
- Regular offsites with the team in various exciting locations (we went to Tuscany 🇮🇹 earlier this year and have just returned from a week in Berlin 🇩🇪 )
- On top of this 👆 each person gets a travel allowance to use to connect and co-work with someone or a team of people for a few days.
- Stipend for setting up your home office / co-working space
- Work with some of the best people you’ll ever get to meet!
- And of course, you get some awesome Dune swag! ✌️😎
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.