What’s the role?
As a member of our client's Data Infrastructure team, you’ll help us build and maintain tools and infrastructure to write, test, and schedule batch data pipelines. Your work will enable other developers, data scientists, and analysts to write the high-performing pipelines that power data science, machine learning, and product development.
They primarily write in Scala, Java, and Python and use technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Airflow, Terraform, and Kubernetes, as well as GCP services like Dataproc, Dataflow, and BigQuery. Their team is headquartered in Brooklyn but has a remote-first culture and they encourage remote applicants; no preference in time zone.
What’s this team like?
- They build highly-performant systems that are maintainable and easy to understand by selecting and integrating with the best of current technologies.
- They develop robust, highly available, well-monitored data infrastructure.
- They stay in close communication with their internal customers and make strategic improvements to ensure those that depend on us have a great experience using data
What does the day-to-day look like?
- You should have experience building data processing platforms, supporting them at scale, and collaborating with other teams that depend on them.
- Experience building applications and managing infrastructure using one of the major cloud providers is preferred but not required.
- They value curiosity, passion, responsibility, and generosity of spirit.