Summer Leasing Associate
Our mission at Groma is to build and operate a real-estate-backed cryptocurrency for the world. In doing so, we hope to provide an alternative stable global currency, democratize real estate ownership, and help to build better cities. Given our goals, Groma is one part real estate firm, one part technology startup. As a real estate firm, we focus on acquiring, renovating, and developing buildings in the cities in which we operate. As a technology startup, we focus on enabling the efficient operation of the real estate arm of the business, expressing all of our real estate assets on the blockchain, and building the digital currency that represents fractional ownership of our real estate portfolio.
About the Role
Groma’s Property Operations department is recruiting for Summer Leasing Associates with exceptional communication and collaborative skills. This associate program will provide a unique opportunity to work with every team member across Groma including Asset Management, Facilities, and Finance departments. A successful candidate will be eager to learn new skills across a variety of disciplines, and welcome the challenge of designing strategies, programs and solutions from the ground up.
As a part of the Groma Leasing team, this position will primarily be responsible for listing, showing, and closing residential leases for prospective renters looking to find a new home during Boston's busiest leasing season. The duration of the program is 16 weeks beginning May 15th and ending on September 5th. This position offers a unique opportunity to gain professional insight in the real estate brokerage marketplace in the greater Boston area and learn about fair housing regulations. Here at Groma, we focus on employee education and engagement to keep everyone growing and learning.
Inbound Lead Management
- Communicate with prospective renters and learn about the marketplace
- Establish diligent systems for sales management and follow-ups
- Gain experience with lead management software resources
Marketing & Showings
- Show apartments to prospective residents and establish relationships with them
- Educate renters on landlord policies and best practices
- Work with a team of associates to get agreements across the finish line\
Apartment Turnover Coordination
- Assist incoming residents with move-in requirements
- Assist vacating residents with the move-out process
- Assist the Property Operations team with all September 1st turnovers
Fair Housing Education
- Work under experienced real estate agents
- Get familiar with the Boston real estate market
- Learn how to effectively grow a real estate business
The associate program extends to many departments here at Groma. During the term of the associate program, you will also have the opportunity to work with the other Summer Associates on a research and presentation project. Summer 2022’s project focused on environmental sustainability of our portfolio through alternative systems and fuel types. This year's project will be announced closer to the start of the program.
- Ability to work in the field and in-office
- Good customer service communication skills
- Strong organizational techniques and diligence
- No real estate experience required
About our Culture
We are focused on maintaining our dynamic in-office culture at Groma’s headquarters in beautiful downtown Boston, Massachusetts. We believe that in-person collaboration and spontaneous interpersonal interaction is critical to the company’s success. Also, our office is great. We own the whole building and have made it very much our own space. We’ve got a gym, locker rooms, a game room, a rooftop area, and all the normal stuff to make an office an effective and fun place to be.
We have an ever-evolving list of values and conventions that guide how we operate as a company, but here’s a high-level overview of how we think about doing what we do:
- We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable, anti-discriminatory workplace that reflects the diversity of people and cultures that live, work, and play in the communities we seek to serve.
- We approach our work with pragmatic idealism that enables us to focus on our desire to make the world a better place in ways big and small while also being open to intelligent compromises that accelerate us on our path to serve our broader societal goals.
- Our team believes strongly in a value we shorthand as “Justice League, not Superman”. The challenges we are trying to solve require effective teams, not individual heroes. (Note: Yes… we are aware that Superman has been a member of the Justice League for quite some time now, but the analogy here is an easy, yet powerful, one for people to grasp. We don’t need a hero, we need a collaborative team of heroes who each bring something unique to the table to help solve problems that any of us individually would find daunting).
Compensation & Benefits
- $8,000 for the full 16 weeks
- Fully covered commuter passes for bus, subway, boat, or commuter rail
- Reimbursements available for Rideshare (Lyft/Uber) during working hours
- A beautiful office in downtown Boston with a gym, locker rooms, game room, rooftop garden, and catered lunches each week