Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
We're a People Ops team of 7, and we're looking to add a Sourcer with solid experience in the blockchain industry, to help us source the best talent in this space. We work asynchronously, with a huge degree of independence over location and hours, and we truly define success in work done rather than time spent at a desk. As long as you're always on top of your priorities, communicate flawlessly in writing and have high expectations of candidates and of their experience with us, you can work from anywhere.
You'll need to find top quality candidates that align with our values and are passionate about blockchain, cryptocurrency and open source software. It's not about hiring as many people as possible - it's about understanding who would make the best addition to the team. We're looking for a talent scout that has the dedication and patience to find the needle in a haystack. You'll need to be comfortable, and willing, to source candidates across technical and non technical roles.
- Identify high quality candidates for some of our hardest-to-fill roles
- Represent Status through your passionate and friendly communication style, convincing passive candidates to apply to us.
- Build up a steady pipeline of suitable candidates using all possible channels (including direct search).
- Support employer branding concepts and projects.
- Make sure every contact from candidates is handled timely, kindly and professionally.
- Work with our Head of People Ops, and our talent team, to ensure you're laser focused on the most impactful hiring.
- Create an exceptional candidate experience from start to finish. Even when a candidate isn't the right fit, they will leave the process feeling valued and having learned more about Status.
- Find the best talent for Status - with exceptional technical skills as well as passion for our project and values.
- Continuously improve all aspects of the workflows and processes they're exposed to.
For this role, it's really important to bring:
- Experience of hiring for Web3 projects, as well as a passion for crypto and blockchain technology.
- Extremely solid skills and experience in sourcing & headhunting.
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience of recruiting in-house, preferably in tech startups.
- Excellent communication skills in English. While we have occasional video chats and meetings, we're mostly async. We keep each other up to date and coordinate in writing (Discord).
- Shared passion for our principles & aims.
- Most of the hiring teams are based within UTC +/- 5, so it's important to be located around, or very comfortable working unorthodox hours.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with open software projects.
- Experience with async communication and working remotely.
The expected compensation range for this role is $50,000 - $65,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process. We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto).