Who we are
The Nomad core team believes in an interconnected world where disparate blockchain ecosystems can securely communicate with each other in a trust-minimized way. Nomad enables developers to build cross-chain applications such as token bridges, NFT bridges, and cross-chain governance solutions. Nomad is the foundation in the modular interoperability stack, and enables truly novel use-cases and applications in an ever-expanding multi-chain world.
The Nomad core team views cross-chain messaging as a vital piece of technology for the success of the space, which must remain accessible. We are committed to this vision and are building the premier solution that will allow everyone to continue to securely participate in the cross-chain future.
About this role
The protocol team at Nomad is hiring! The protocol team is responsible for designing and implementing Nomad, the first generalized optimistic cross-chain message passing protocol. As part of the protocol team, you will primarily work on implementing, testing, and securing Nomad’s smart contracts. You will also work on improving our dev tooling. In this role, your expertise will influence the design of the protocol. Your contributions will create a lasting mark on the technology that will become the gold standard of the cross-chain future.
The protocol team works autonomously and prefers a minimal amount of organizational overhead. That means that meetings are rare and mainly used to sync and align, while information exchange is done async. That being said, we collaborate closely and you will never feel like you are working in a silo.
Outcomes we expect from you
- Manage Smart Contract Security Audit cycles
- Manage the Bug Bounty program
- Triage incoming reports, escalate or discard as appropriate
- Apply the latest security-oriented tooling and processes for securing the Nomad system
- Stay continually refreshed on the latest in the Ethereum security community
- Own excellence in incident management processes, including:
- Create and maintain protocol incident management playbook(s)
- Setup incident management practice runs, and ensure the team is trained accordingly
- Run incident rooms if they occur
- Own Fraud Recovery & Response process
- Study & improve Fraud Recovery playbook
- Setup whole-team dry-runs in dev & staging
- Run process in production if it occurs
- Explore formally verifying the protocol
- Setup & maintain monitoring & alerting of smart contracts
Who you are
We are looking for folks who stay up to date with the latest smart contract development practices and who are deeply embedded in the web3 community and committed to its success. We are looking for people who will thrive in the ever-changing early-stage startup environment and see it as an opportunity where they have the chance to make a significant impact.
- You stay up-to-date with the latest on Solidity best practices and REKT incidents. You can easily identify insecure code
- You can quickly and accurately triage bug reports, whether they are submitted by auditors, from an active bug bounty program, or inbound from social media
- You have repeated experience managing smart contract audit cycles (either as an auditor or as a protocol lead)
- You've participated in incident rooms involving security incidents with deployed smart contracts that custody significant funds
- You are at ease coordinating and communicating between numerous stakeholders, both internal and external, to accomplish your goals
- You are highly organized and able to autonomously plan large workstreams with diverse sub-tasks and stakeholders
- You have excellent written communication skills, and can clearly convey complex technical topics to engineers and non-engineers alike
- You have an excellent understanding of Solidity
- You have excellent understanding of EVM internals
- You have strong understanding of EVM assembly in Yul
- Good to have experience as a smart contract auditor
- Good to have experience in Solidity-based testing (dapptools/Foundry)
We believe benefits should serve the team, and are committed to a continuous benefits feedback cycle to ensure the team's needs are met. Current benefits include:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Access to Professional 1:1 coaching
- Fully remote working environment and Flexible work hours
- 100% paid medical, dental, vision insurance (US-only)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) (US-only)
- Company-sponsored off-sites
- Opportunity to travel to and speak at conferences and hackathons
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. Our work is stronger and better when we are able to bring a variety of perspectives together. Please consider applying if you feel that your background will contribute to furthering our mission at Nomad. We value inclusivity, kindness, and authenticity, and are committed to building a supportive environment where everyone can do their best work.